Summer boredom is in full-swing for the eldest child of the family. If I had known it would be this bad, I would have enrolled her in summer school. I've been laid up with a work injury and have been ordered to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy so I haven't been the most fun mom to hang around these days. I mostly give orders from the couch. My poor children haven't been able to have the summer they had been dreaming of all winter. Like Avery said, "This is the worst summer ever!"
The few days of rain we just had made the ancient wooden door frame of the deck door expand, making the screen door close to impossible to close without slamming it shut. Avery has been doing most of the slamming as I am mostly incapable of such behavior and one of the times she didn't see Milo on the other side, trying to get in. His finger got slammed in the door and it swelled to Timbuktu. Chet brought him into urgent care a few days ago and it is indeed broken in two places. This is the best picture I could take of it, as he won't let anyone near it. We are supposed to keep it buddy-taped for 3 weeks and give him a 10 day course of antibiotics. He won't keep the buddy tape on and the antibiotic has given him diarrhea. And poor Avery has to say every time she sees his finger, "And it's all my fault!"
Piper got this doll carrier for her birthday but so far couldn't care less about it. Tucker and Avery like it, though, and Tucker carries this baby around the house either in the carrier or pushes it in the stroller. He will be a good daddy someday.
And Miss Piper Petunia is absolutely refusing to wear diapers or pull-ups, yet won't keep her underwear dry. I'm not really in the mood to chase her around the house cleaning up accidents, yet I believe it is probably better than listening to a temper tantrum if I put a diaper on her. If you haven't experienced a Piper temper-tantrum, you are missing out. We should have named her Joy. She wanted to go outside today and chose these accessories to compliment her mismatched outfit.
.jpg)
.jpg)
-001.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment