Skip to main content

No More, Ruby!

The house is finally listed.  Although we can breathe a little sigh of relief that the bulk of the projects are done, the work is far from over.  Isn't this the fun part now?  Preparing for showings (if we get any), hoping for offers, hoping inspection passes and all the rest of the joy that goes into selling a house.  And don't forget about the fun that goes into buying another house.  I don't know why we don't do this more often!  It's a whole barrel of monkeys.

Even though we hardly have time to think, eat and breathe (I almost fell asleep into my laundry pile the other night), life still goes on.


Milo continues to be as sweet as ever, volunteering to help whether it's needed or not.  As soon as he was caught in the act on this particular day, he stopped feeding her and put the food back on the counter. Ruby started wailing and Milo yelled at her, "No more, Ruby, no more!"


Tucker turned five this month!  We took him out for a birthday breakfast at the local Mickey D's.  He got to indulge in his absolute favorite meal, pancakes!


 Every Saturday morning, Avery and Tucker get to go to swimming lessons.  I wanted to enroll Avery in the Level 1 class but she was too short so she gets to be in the preschool class.  She did say she is the shortest in her class and I hadn't given it much thought until I saw her next to her classmates once.  She is short!


Piper comes with me to swimming lessons sometimes and on this particular day discovered the camera on my phone.  


And she discovered the art of the selfie.  Or partial selfie.


I brought the three eldest and a friend to Pump It Up in Plymouth a few days ago.  The kids had an absolute blast, running around for one and a half hours straight.  


Tucker was brave enough to try the big slide and when he did an accidental flip at the bottom, he thought it was the greatest thing since the tracks that turn into hills on his train set.  I was so proud of him for being brave as he is one of my more hesitant and cautious children.


 Piper wasn't impressed with anything the place had to offer.  She found comfort in this little car.  About fifteen minutes before our time was up, she decided to be brave and try out the obstacle course.  When it was time to go, she didn't want to leave.  

I'm not sure I'll bring the kids there again, the music was too loud and there wasn't tons for them to do for the price, but the kids loved it.  On the way home, Tucker said, "Mom, let's go again for your birthday!"  Let's not and say we did!



This afternoon, I asked Milo to clear his plate from the table after lunch.  "I can't!" he said. "I'm sick!"  He looked just fine so I asked him again to do it.  "I'm sick!"  he said.

And he was right.  He came down with a sudden fever not too much later and took a nap next to me on the couch.  Once he woke up, he was feeling better but now that bed time is approaching, he is back to saying he is sick.  Although he still has enough energy to explain to me how fast the airplanes go in the sky.  And he is letting me know what bad words Piper says.  "Mom, Piper said stinka butt."  And he just put his arm around me and said, "You best friend!"  I love my little boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Manly, Chet

It's hard to find the time to blog these days.  I figure once life slows down a bit, I'll start taking more pictures and adding more posts.  But to those I tell that too, they ROFL.  Life doesn't slow down. Chet and I try to squeeze in as many dates as we can, as we hardly even see each other during the week.  Our date on Monday evening started out deciding on a place to eat.  I have to comply with my Weight Watcher's points and Chet is trying to put on weight. So you tell me.  Where do we eat? We ended up getting a Jimmy John's for me (I could eat half) and an Arby's meal for Chet. We were off in search of summer clothes for Chet as his previous summer wardrobe has consisted of clothes he wore to confirmation camp.  In other words, old and out of style.  As I browsed the racks at the store, I noticed something.  Had we just held onto his confo clothes, they would be in style again. His doc warned him that if he didn't start wearing a...

Summer Boredom

Summer boredom is in full-swing for the eldest child of the family.  If I had known it would be this bad, I would have enrolled her in summer school.  I've been laid up with a work injury and have been ordered to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy so I haven't been the most fun mom to hang around these days.  I mostly give orders from the couch.    My poor children haven't been able to have the summer they had been dreaming of all winter. Like Avery said, "This is the worst summer ever!"    The few days of rain we just had made the ancient wooden door frame of the deck door expand, making the screen door close to impossible to close without slamming it shut.  Avery has been doing most of the slamming as I am mostly incapable of such behavior and one of the times she didn't see Milo on the other side, trying to get in.  His finger got slammed in the door and it swelled to Timbuktu.  Chet brought him into urgent care a few da...

Boo-Falo Days

Every year, fireworks come to town on a Friday night.  Since I work every Friday night, I only hear them rattling the windows on my resident's rooms.  Well, sometimes I peek out the blinds and see one or two go off and then reassure my resident that no sir, we are not being bombed.  It's only Buffalo Days fireworks.   We haven't ever been able to bring the kids down to the lake to watch them but who needs to when you can see them from our street corner? Chet let Avery stay up late and he brought her outside to watch them.     And of course, the carnival also comes to town, one block away.  I coughed up $20 bucks on Saturday and treated the older kids to three rides each.  The nice, toothless man allowed Piper to ride for free on this one, as long as I went with her.  And as long as I wouldn't tell anyone.  Oops.  And he said I had to sit in the back because I wouldn't fit in the front. There was a parade o...