Sources of entertainment for these kids in this house are scarce these days. Their toys are packed away, crayons and other writing utensils strictly prohibited, play-doh burned and its ashes buried, bikes and trikes stuffed into the storage unit and so on. Each kid gets a decorative storage basket filled with their most prized possessions but after three weeks of this nonsense, they are tired of playing with them.
When friends called me up and told me to come with my kids to swim, I couldn't pass it up. They had energy to burn and I had time to kill.
When it was time to go, I wrapped my little water bug up and once I got her into her car seat, she was fast asleep. It's hard work splashing.
Avery was a blur all evening, swimming around and I didn't have a chance to snap a picture of her. I'm sure she will be disappointed.
Avery brought home her first grade journal and we had a great time going through it. I do wonder what her teacher thinks of the stories she has to tell. Avery was looking over my shoulder as I went through it and when we got to his page, we both had a good laugh. She said she started to draw a picture of herself and it kept looking like a witch so she kept drawing a witch.
Little Miss Ruby Tuesday is off and running. Well, kind of. She hasn't mastered the all the way across the house crawl, but she is getting better every day. And her favorite sleeping position? Sitting up, putting head down onto feet and falling asleep. I keep readjusting her whenever I find her like that. It makes me cringe thinking of how uncomfortable that must be! She is too busy to actually lay down so instead she just falls asleep while playing with the lone toy in her crib. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.







Comments
Post a Comment