Christmas season is in full swing since Thanksgiving is officially over. The kids are getting older now and more able to help out in the kitchen without making too much of a mess. They get to do all the jobs that I don't want to do such as dip pretzels. Sometimes I feel like there is no point in going through all this work to bake. It just ends up getting eaten and then it's gone. Or is that the point?
We had the kids semi dressed up on Thanksgiving and thought it would be great to do a self-timer shot on the living room floor. It wasn't great after all. The smiles lasted about 2.5 pictures and then everyone started whining. Ruby whined throughout every picture and my phone didn't listen to our commands to take a picture. "Shoot!" "Capture!" "Smile!"
We had plans to go to church last evening. We stopped on our way to Cabela's (which is totally not on the way) and Chet ran in "for a few minutes", which is also known as forever. Piper started whimpering from the back seat and I crawled back there to check on her. She was feverish and her nose was dripping and her eyes were watering and she was hoarse. I asked her how she was doing.
"Bad." she replied.
Once Chet finally made it back to the car, we turned around and left for home. The night was still young and so we decided to set up the tree. I had sent Chet to the store earlier in the day for Christmas lights and forgot to clarify what kind of lights I wanted. He merrily picked out colored lights.
Oh, the Christmas light wars continue. I'm thinking they will suddenly all burn out at the end of the season and will have to be replaced with white ones.
The kids took turns putting the ornaments on one side of the tree.
And occasionally dropping one.
Once the tree was decorated, we shut the lights off and the kids oohed and ahhed at the magic before them.
I then plopped them down for a picture that I can ooh and ahh at when I'm old and gray. It doesn't matter how Piper is feeling; whenever a camera is around, she perks right up!







Comments
Post a Comment