The longer I go between blog posts, the harder it is to find inspiration to blog. I can't remember things I thought to blog about and if I wrote them down, I would forget where I put the list of things to blog about so sometimes it's easier to just snap a pic using Instagram and call it a day. Chet wanted me to start blogging to document our lives so the kids would have these memories in writing. A post every month or so is better than nothing, right?
Here is a potpourri of pictures, in no order whatsoever because I don't feel like organizing them. (I'm actually supposed to be researching coffee machines but more on that later.)
The snowfall this year has been somewhat lackluster. Not that I'm complaining because I dread winter every year. But I won't move so I shouldn't complain. I just feel for these kids who long for enough snow to sled.
Oh, Piper Kay. She is something else. She has always been the quiet one with the two oldest stealing her thunder. Now that they are gone at school all day, she has come out of her shell tenfold. The things she says has us scratching our heads. For instance, if you eat too fast, you hiccup and if you hiccup, you die. And if you die, you don't come back ever unless you are a giant and giants live in China. Many things I never knew I'm learning from her.
Just when I think Henry can't get any cuter, he wakes up the next morning and he is even cuter than the day before. I sleep trained him a few weeks back and now I enjoy a full night's sleep night after night. It took three nights of listening to him fuss, setting the timer for 20 minutes and waiting but it worked. He is a much happier baby during the day.
Ruby Buttons, Woozy-Pants, Bruiser, Bruisy-Pants, whatever you feel like calling her, broke her nose a few days ago. She runs through this house at 100mph all day long and even lunges into her crib as fast as she can at bedtime so it should come as a shock that this is her first real injury. I was organizing my kitchen and had pots and pans scattered throughout. She came tearing in there at 110 (a little faster than usual) and tripped and landed on a stack of cake pans. Her nose and eye started bleeding shortly after so I hauled her in to the ER. At this age, the nose is mostly cartilage but the doctor determined that it was indeed broken. We follow up later this week with ENT. It hasn't slowed her down but it's near impossible to wipe her nose, unless you enjoy getting shoved.
Oh, look, it's two coffee mugs riding in the van with us on the way to our Valentine's Day date. We have never been coffee drinkers and have always told people that we are too young and immature to drink coffee. Well, our time has come where we must become adults and it is an adventure. So many varieties and flavors to choose from! We bought our very first coffee pot and now it's not good enough. We have become coffee snobs and kind of like the fancy drinks. I'm looking to put on a few more pounds anyway so it's a win-win.
We made the mistake of buying a bed from Ikea. We like the bed and it feels sturdy but that was because it took me 12 (twelve) hours to put it together. I'm not even exaggerating. I had to call in reinforcements. Good thing for sisters who live close by! And Ruby was not helpful. Chet said he was thankful that I put it together because he would have hauled it out to the bonfire almost immediately.
This is my not-fully-potty-trained Milo. He knows how to go, will go when he feels like it but usually has an excuse why he can't or won't. It's either, "I'll go on Wednesday." or "My butt is stupid and it doesn't work." Both legitimate excuses.
It's fun to have older kids who can play games with us. The younger ones sit and hold cards to feel important and included.
We visited Home Depot for their kids' workshop day. You can go once a month and collect a new pin for your apron. The kids had a ball except for Milo, who thought it was too loud with all the bamming.
Tucker had a good visit with great uncle Jimmy. It brought back memories of being teased by my uncles when I was his age. I learned how to run hide in my room when they all came over.
The latest addition to our family is this four-wheeled snow-shoveler. It has shoveled zero inches of snow so far this winter. But it's been fun to rip around the yard in it.












Comments
Post a Comment