"Mom, you're huge." Tucker informed me the other day as I opened up the refrigerator for a snack.
"Excuse me?" I said.
"Your belly is huge and you are huger." he repeated.
I shut the fridge and walked away.
Kids certainly put it how it is.
Then today, as I cut myself a piece of pulla, he came around the corner to inspect the crinkling sound he must have heard. Kids always know when you are helping yourself to a snack.
"Does the baby want to come out yet?" he asked.
"Nope." I said. "She is too little."
"But your belly is big." he said.
I debated putting the pulla back, but baby girl kicked me, hard, and I knew she wanted it so I ate it. Gotta feed my starving children.
Piper is one to not really care about much besides when she can play the Kindle next but a few days ago, she randomly rubbed my belly.
"Baby crying?" she asked, her face all crunched up.
"Yes." I said, pouting.
She put her hands out.
"Baby wants me." she said, with a concerned face. "Get her."
Avery has been brainstorming baby names for quite some time. As I peeked in on the kids one night after I got home from work, I noticed she had fallen asleep with The Baby Name Wizard book. She'll be devastated when I don't choose the names she has picked out.
And Milo just doesn't know any better and he is going to be in for a rude awakening in a few months. He is the king of this castle and he knows it.
"Excuse me?" I said.
"Your belly is huge and you are huger." he repeated.
I shut the fridge and walked away.
Kids certainly put it how it is.
Then today, as I cut myself a piece of pulla, he came around the corner to inspect the crinkling sound he must have heard. Kids always know when you are helping yourself to a snack.
"Does the baby want to come out yet?" he asked.
"Nope." I said. "She is too little."
"But your belly is big." he said.
I debated putting the pulla back, but baby girl kicked me, hard, and I knew she wanted it so I ate it. Gotta feed my starving children.
Piper is one to not really care about much besides when she can play the Kindle next but a few days ago, she randomly rubbed my belly.
"Baby crying?" she asked, her face all crunched up.
"Yes." I said, pouting.
She put her hands out.
"Baby wants me." she said, with a concerned face. "Get her."
Avery has been brainstorming baby names for quite some time. As I peeked in on the kids one night after I got home from work, I noticed she had fallen asleep with The Baby Name Wizard book. She'll be devastated when I don't choose the names she has picked out.
And Milo just doesn't know any better and he is going to be in for a rude awakening in a few months. He is the king of this castle and he knows it.
Comments
Post a Comment