Skip to main content

All Moved Out

We said goodbye to our house of 8 years yesterday.  My very sentimental Avery was having a hard time leaving, something about how this was the only home she ever knew, etc. One of these days, I'll post before and after pictures of all the changes that house saw, once I dig up the prints out of boxes. Yes, when we first moved in, we still had a film camera floating around.


Milo woke up bright and early on moving day along with everyone else. Although he wasn't too happy.  "I'm super angry." he said as he rolled around on the couch. When I asked why, he muttered, "Um, I, um, I don't know."  

 
These guys and gals got the truck loaded up in record time. 


 Ruby was in charge of supervising. She did a great job until she got shipped to Grandma's. This picture reminds me that I need to take the bottle away. She is a year old now and I'm not interested in having bottle wars with the new baby. 


Ruby and I enjoyed the evening on the deck of the new house after the dust settled while the kids dug in the dirt below us. Boxes can wait a few more days to unpack. 


Grandma and Hannah came over today to check out the new digs. My two adventurous children were willing to get sprayed by Grandma with the hose. The others stayed way back. 





 I haven't seen much of the kids since we moved in a little over 24 hours ago. They have been outside, only coming in to eat, and covered in dirt.  I suppose when you go from 0.11 acres to 1.4 acres, there's a bit more land to explore. 


And enough room for a game or two of cops and robbers.

Thank you, Dad, Mom, Hannah, Ben, Laurel, Dan, Ashley & Dustin for all the help!  

Now the countdown is on until baby boy joins us. I'm glad he waited until we got moved in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Manly, Chet

It's hard to find the time to blog these days.  I figure once life slows down a bit, I'll start taking more pictures and adding more posts.  But to those I tell that too, they ROFL.  Life doesn't slow down. Chet and I try to squeeze in as many dates as we can, as we hardly even see each other during the week.  Our date on Monday evening started out deciding on a place to eat.  I have to comply with my Weight Watcher's points and Chet is trying to put on weight. So you tell me.  Where do we eat? We ended up getting a Jimmy John's for me (I could eat half) and an Arby's meal for Chet. We were off in search of summer clothes for Chet as his previous summer wardrobe has consisted of clothes he wore to confirmation camp.  In other words, old and out of style.  As I browsed the racks at the store, I noticed something.  Had we just held onto his confo clothes, they would be in style again. His doc warned him that if he didn't start wearing a...

Morning Glory

Our new morning routine consists of everyone waking up at 7:30am, me and Avery showering, everyone dressed and out the door by 8:30am.  It's a great excuse not to workout; there's just no time.  Darn.  I pile everyone in the stroller and we make our one block trek to Avery's school.  Yesterday, I walked her up to the school doors and let her walk in by herself.  I watched her walk with confidence down the hallway until she was out of sight, her empty backpack bouncing around on her back.  This morning, I walked her to the corner and let her cross the street by herself, with the help of the crossing guards of course, and watched her disappear into the crowd of kids who were getting off of the bus.   The teacher who was monitoring the crossing smiled at me and said, "She's so little."   Tell me about it, lady.  She's too little.  I found this pic as I was rifling through my camera.  I always chuckle at Piper's teet...

They'll never forget

Chet was invited to participate in a September 11 program at the high school yesterday, along with all the Buffalo firefighters, police officers and reserves. I didn't work so I thought I'd come along with the kids and cheer them on. I dropped Chet off at the doors. The kids and I sneaked in as the honor guard was marching and hollering and we found ourselves a seat in the back, next to the exit in case anyone had a meltdown. The auditorium was about half full, with most guests being middle aged. The only children that were there were all older than five and knew how to sit still for an hour without making a peep. Let me tell you, this room was silent. As the opening prayer was starting, my kids were starting to get restless. "Mom, who is that guy?" "Shhhh!" "Bow-wow!"   Tucker roofed . "Tucker! Shhh!"  I hissed. "SCREAM!"  Piper had to put her two cents in. "Bow-wow! Bow wow!"   Tucker said...