Henry William joined our family last week, breaking the record previously held by Ruby has our biggest baby. A solid 9 pounds 3 ounces he weighed in at. The feeling of holding a newborn is indescribable and even after experiencing it six times over, it never gets old. Labor was eventful and stressful and we were blessed to be in the care of a very capable doctor and several great nurses. I'm glad to be on this side of things and to be able to hold my baby boy!
Labor is stressful for dads as well. As soon as his duties were over, he crashed on the couch.

And the next day, he got cozy on the hospital bed that I could no longer sit on. I don't know why they make hospital beds so uncomfortable.
Ruby came home to visit the day we got discharged. She got shipped back to Grandma's later that day but thoroughly enjoyed her new doll. She couldn't believe her luck when she saw him. Much better than the hard plastic doll she plays with!
Grandpa Tim stopped by on Sunday to visit/spoil the grand kids. The first thing I thought of when I looked at this picture was, "Holy cow, I have a lot of kids!" But they're cute and I think I'll keep them.
When Henry opens his eyes, it's announced loudly by whoever has noticed first.
The kids come running.
Milo ran over, having to adjust his newborn hat on his head first. He had looted one of the unpacked hospital bags earlier in the day and scored this sweet hat.
By the time Avery squealed in, he had shut his eyes again. I told the kids they have to be quick if they want to catch him awake.
Ruby staked her claim on Henry right away and to keep him safe from her chubby hands, I have to keep him locked in my room. She means well but doesn't quite understand the meaning of the word gentle.
Milo is quite territorial of him as well. Whenever he sees Henry, he asks me, "Is that your Henry?" I nod my head and say yes. He then starts pouting, crosses his arms over his chest and says, "But I don't have a Henry!" We have this conversation several times per day.
Piper always chimes in, "He's everybody's Henry!"
Yes, he is.









Comments
Post a Comment