I've been cooped up on the couch today not feeling the greatest and the kids have kind of fended for themselves as far as entertainment goes. After letting (and then regretting) them play with the Play-Doh, they went downstairs to play. I snuggled on the couch with Ruby and dozed on and off as she poked my eyeballs and dug in the end table drawer, unraveling my skein of yarn and poking my ear with the H size crochet hook.
I heard Milo say, "Let's pack a snack too!"
Piper replied, "Ok, you get the snacks and I'll sneak in your room and get your pajamas."
I smiled to myself, then frowned a little and then opened my eyes.
"What are you guys doing?" I asked.
"We are going to Grandma's!" Piper said.
"I packed snacks in my pack-pack!" Milo said, his eyes wide.
"Grandma isn't coming to get you." I said.
"Yes, she is." Milo said, still scurrying around.
"Ok, then." I said. "I guess she is."
I looked into their backpacks. Milo packed snacks. He wasn't kidding. Even included a spoon for the yogurt in case Grandma was fresh out.
They are still planning their trip to Grandma's and Ruby is still trying to figure out how to put undies on. She got them on earlier this morning before she got dressed for the day and after I took off her yogurt-filled clothes, she tried to put the undies back on but now can't remember how she did it. She is throwing a temper tantrum now so I should probably help her.



Comments
Post a Comment