I give my older kids two options on Saturdays. Go outside and play or stay inside and clean. Most of the time, they choose to go outside and that gives me space to get the bulk of the deep cleaning done. Today, the laundry pile is bigger than ever as it's been a busy week getting back to normal after an abnormal week in the BWCA.
I stopped to change Henry and while I changed him, Ruby kept bringing me more diapers. One after the other. She would throw them down next to him and he would laugh and laugh and laugh. She ran to get more and kept repeating.
When I got done changing him and taking off his dirty clothes, I sat him up and went to get him a new outfit. I heard more laughter from the living room and went to check. Ruby was running back and forth, purposely crashing into walls and he found this quite hilarious.
These two bring so much joy to this house. It was a busy first couple of months having two babies so close together but the reward is having two babies! It's like Christmas every day. They entertain each other and even though they are the same size, he looks up to her and she takes good care of him.
She gets annoyed at him quite easily, which, how could you? Look at him! She especially doesn't appreciate it when he steals her limelight.
Sometimes she is too helpful. She tries to feed him things that are not food, and if they are food, they are not age-appropriate. While I had my back turned one day, she fed him a tortilla chip. He coughed it out and I scolded her. I went to tell Chet what had happened and reminded him that when he is watching them, do not turn your back for even a second.
I went back to the living room and in that 20 seconds or so that I was gone, Ruby had gotten a hold of the baby formula and was scooping formula into his car seat, all over his clothes and all over him. He didn't mind; he was busy licking his lips and kicking his feet, ready for more. They were both covered in formula.
So you literally cannot turn your back on them. (This is one of those times where you can use the word literally.) We literally had to child lock everything in this house and I literally have to wait until they are both taking a nap to shower. But they are both literally so cute and we literally love them. They are literally growing older every day and will literally never be this age again.
This is literally the end of this blog post.




Comments
Post a Comment