Let me start out this morning by saying that my baby is cute. He is cruising around this house, pushing a little freight car and scrunching up his nose and snorting through it and showing everyone his four little teeth on top. He keeps running away from me because every few minutes I stop and grab him and squeeze his cheeks and kiss him.
Now that that's out of the way, I'll move onto Piper. She is equally as cute and is sitting next to me as I type, munching on an apple. Normally I don't let the kids eat in the living room, but she is taking these teeny, tiny bites and watching my every move with wide eyes. I don't think she has blinked yet. Earlier this morning, she had her diaper changed and wanted to get dressed, so I told her to get herself some clothes. As usual, she came out of the bedroom carrying two shirts. I put one on her and sent her to go get some pants. She came back out with yet another shirt.
"That's a shirt, Pipes." I said. "Get some pants."
"Ugh!" she grumbled and stomped into the room again. Someone has been taking lessons from her older sister.
She came out with a skirt. Close enough.
And Tucker is equally as cute as Piper and Milo. Every morning, he asks me, "Can I step the table?" And he does. He gets out bowls, cups, spoons, cereal, milk and juice for everyone. This morning was no different. He even dragged a full gallon of milk across the kitchen floor because he wanted to do it himself. He's my huge helper.
And Avery Ann. Avery Ann D. I should say, as she signs her name in school. She always greets me with huge hugs in the morning and always has a compliment for me. "Oh, your hair is lovely, mother!" "Such a beautiful robe you have!" "I love your glasses, mother. You look so smart!"
As I walked her to school this morning, I sighed, about to tell her to stop growing up so fast. Before I could start to speak, she said, "I know, mother. I hate this rain, too."
"Bye, Cheeseburger." I said as I dropped her off at the flagpole.
"Bye, Ice Cream Cone." she replied, giggling.
She walked away, towards the school, looking back every few seconds and just about bashing into a post.
Chet is home on this rainy Tuesday and its my day off. Oh, I forgot to say how lovely Chet is. He is hunched over a backwards-facing dining room chair, picking burrs off of his hunting gloves over the garbage can. He sits up every now and then, grunting and moaning about how his back is sore from bending over.
And now he has become suspicious at my giggling and typing so he came over to investigate.
Time to change the subject.
As soon as Avery comes home from school, we're off on a family adventure to Cabela's. Not a bad way to start year eight.
Now that that's out of the way, I'll move onto Piper. She is equally as cute and is sitting next to me as I type, munching on an apple. Normally I don't let the kids eat in the living room, but she is taking these teeny, tiny bites and watching my every move with wide eyes. I don't think she has blinked yet. Earlier this morning, she had her diaper changed and wanted to get dressed, so I told her to get herself some clothes. As usual, she came out of the bedroom carrying two shirts. I put one on her and sent her to go get some pants. She came back out with yet another shirt.
"That's a shirt, Pipes." I said. "Get some pants."
"Ugh!" she grumbled and stomped into the room again. Someone has been taking lessons from her older sister.
She came out with a skirt. Close enough.
And Tucker is equally as cute as Piper and Milo. Every morning, he asks me, "Can I step the table?" And he does. He gets out bowls, cups, spoons, cereal, milk and juice for everyone. This morning was no different. He even dragged a full gallon of milk across the kitchen floor because he wanted to do it himself. He's my huge helper.
And Avery Ann. Avery Ann D. I should say, as she signs her name in school. She always greets me with huge hugs in the morning and always has a compliment for me. "Oh, your hair is lovely, mother!" "Such a beautiful robe you have!" "I love your glasses, mother. You look so smart!"
As I walked her to school this morning, I sighed, about to tell her to stop growing up so fast. Before I could start to speak, she said, "I know, mother. I hate this rain, too."
"Bye, Cheeseburger." I said as I dropped her off at the flagpole.
"Bye, Ice Cream Cone." she replied, giggling.
She walked away, towards the school, looking back every few seconds and just about bashing into a post.
Chet is home on this rainy Tuesday and its my day off. Oh, I forgot to say how lovely Chet is. He is hunched over a backwards-facing dining room chair, picking burrs off of his hunting gloves over the garbage can. He sits up every now and then, grunting and moaning about how his back is sore from bending over.
And now he has become suspicious at my giggling and typing so he came over to investigate.
Time to change the subject.
As soon as Avery comes home from school, we're off on a family adventure to Cabela's. Not a bad way to start year eight.
Comments
Post a Comment