I was surrounded by three kids this morning as I sat on the floor, changing a squirmy Milo's diaper, listening to them telling me all about their day yesterday with their morning breath overwhelming me.
"Mom, Mom, guess what?" Avery said.
"No, it's my turn." said Tucker, shoving Avery over.
"Mom!" Piper yelled.
"What?" I asked.
"We, um, we, well, we went to my friend's house yesterday." Avery said. "And guess what? Her name is Keira."
"Great!" I said, trying to hang onto Milo as he flipped over before I could fasten his diaper.
Chet had taken the four kids to Dustin's house while I went to work yesterday.
"We played monsters!" Tucker said. "It was weally, weally funny."
"Mom!" Piper yelled. Then she gasped.
"What, Piper?" I asked.
Her eyebrows went up and she put a very concerned look on her face. She looked at my chin, at a new giant zit.
"What happened?" she asked. "You got owie? Tucker push you?"
I put on my biggest, saddest face and scored a big hug from her. A perfect way to start a busy week.
I have to make more mittens tomorrow and crochet some more flowers, finish my apron that I started, finish up all the scarves I started and finish sewing a few bibs that I started for the Saturday Market (I'm sensing a trend here), I work the rest of the week and have my appointment with the neurologist on Friday morning. And on Saturday morning, we have our family picture session with Crystal Lee Photography! I'm excited but terrified that the cherubs won't cooperate.
Our last professional family photo was done exactly three years ago when we had half of the kids we do now.
"Mom, Mom, guess what?" Avery said.
"No, it's my turn." said Tucker, shoving Avery over.
"Mom!" Piper yelled.
"What?" I asked.
"We, um, we, well, we went to my friend's house yesterday." Avery said. "And guess what? Her name is Keira."
"Great!" I said, trying to hang onto Milo as he flipped over before I could fasten his diaper.
Chet had taken the four kids to Dustin's house while I went to work yesterday.
"We played monsters!" Tucker said. "It was weally, weally funny."
"Mom!" Piper yelled. Then she gasped.
"What, Piper?" I asked.
Her eyebrows went up and she put a very concerned look on her face. She looked at my chin, at a new giant zit.
"What happened?" she asked. "You got owie? Tucker push you?"
I put on my biggest, saddest face and scored a big hug from her. A perfect way to start a busy week.
I have to make more mittens tomorrow and crochet some more flowers, finish my apron that I started, finish up all the scarves I started and finish sewing a few bibs that I started for the Saturday Market (I'm sensing a trend here), I work the rest of the week and have my appointment with the neurologist on Friday morning. And on Saturday morning, we have our family picture session with Crystal Lee Photography! I'm excited but terrified that the cherubs won't cooperate.
Our last professional family photo was done exactly three years ago when we had half of the kids we do now.
This picture is copied off of Facebook so pardon the quality. I could get off the couch and take the one from the wall out of the frame and scan it and put up a better quality one but I really don't feel like it.
I usually do a double take at baby Tucker with his long, dark hair. Who knew he'd turn into a blonde?

Comments
Post a Comment