Skip to main content

Monopoly with Tucker

Tucker, Hannah and I enjoyed a game of Monopoly on Sunday afternoon while the babies napped and Avery spent the day at her friend's house. I took all sorts of neat pictures of him and when I do finally get a chance to sit down and blog almost a week later, I can't find them anymore.  I tried syncing all my music from my computer onto my phone for our trip and in the process, I lost some of my pictures and the music didn't sync anyway.  Overall, I was not impressed.

My goal over the next year or two is to invest in a nice camera and learn how to take nice pictures.  I would have more motivation to blog if I had nice pictures to go along with the stories.

So anyway, Tucker taught us how to play Monopoly on Sunday.  I never knew these rules but I was fortunate enough to have a son who is very knowledgeable on the subject.

1. Before you start playing, give everyone a huge chunk of money, leaving nothing in the bank.
2. Divide out all of the property cards equally.
3. Put houses and hotels on every property that you're sitting by.
4. Wiggle the dice to start the game.
5. If you wiggle a 5, for example, it's okay to stretch that 5 over 12 spaces, as long as you count out loud to five.
6. If you need a 1, it's okay to keep wiggling the dice until you get a 1.  If that doesn't work, you can always put the dice down with the 1 facing up.
7. If you don't want to go to jail, no problem.  Just go around it and keep playing.

Piper and Milo have been sick all week and just as it seems they're on the mend, one of them barfs or spikes a temp.  I feel as if we've been trapped in this house with no option to go anywhere.

Today, everyone is better except for a stray runny nose and I decided we are getting out of dodge and making a three block trip to the local library.

This morning, like every morning, Piper asked me what we're doing today.

"Going to the library."  I whispered, not wanting to spoil the surprise for the older kids.
"Wibary?"  she whispered back.  "I can?"
"Yes, you can!"  I said.
"Piper can go?"  she asked, again, just to make sure she heard me right.

There was a highlight earlier this week, when the kids finally got to move into their new room!  It still needs carpet but we won't carpet it until the other room is done. Their new room is the small room upstairs, and it's small.  There's a twin bed, a toddler bed, a crib and a pack and play stuffed into it with just enough room to move from bed to bed.  I apologized to the kids, reassuring them the other room would soon be done and they wouldn't all have to share such a tiny room.

"But we love sharing a room!"  Avery said.  "We giggle until we fall asleep!"  

So I won't worry about it, then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Manly, Chet

It's hard to find the time to blog these days.  I figure once life slows down a bit, I'll start taking more pictures and adding more posts.  But to those I tell that too, they ROFL.  Life doesn't slow down. Chet and I try to squeeze in as many dates as we can, as we hardly even see each other during the week.  Our date on Monday evening started out deciding on a place to eat.  I have to comply with my Weight Watcher's points and Chet is trying to put on weight. So you tell me.  Where do we eat? We ended up getting a Jimmy John's for me (I could eat half) and an Arby's meal for Chet. We were off in search of summer clothes for Chet as his previous summer wardrobe has consisted of clothes he wore to confirmation camp.  In other words, old and out of style.  As I browsed the racks at the store, I noticed something.  Had we just held onto his confo clothes, they would be in style again. His doc warned him that if he didn't start wearing a...

Summer Boredom

Summer boredom is in full-swing for the eldest child of the family.  If I had known it would be this bad, I would have enrolled her in summer school.  I've been laid up with a work injury and have been ordered to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy so I haven't been the most fun mom to hang around these days.  I mostly give orders from the couch.    My poor children haven't been able to have the summer they had been dreaming of all winter. Like Avery said, "This is the worst summer ever!"    The few days of rain we just had made the ancient wooden door frame of the deck door expand, making the screen door close to impossible to close without slamming it shut.  Avery has been doing most of the slamming as I am mostly incapable of such behavior and one of the times she didn't see Milo on the other side, trying to get in.  His finger got slammed in the door and it swelled to Timbuktu.  Chet brought him into urgent care a few da...

Boo-Falo Days

Every year, fireworks come to town on a Friday night.  Since I work every Friday night, I only hear them rattling the windows on my resident's rooms.  Well, sometimes I peek out the blinds and see one or two go off and then reassure my resident that no sir, we are not being bombed.  It's only Buffalo Days fireworks.   We haven't ever been able to bring the kids down to the lake to watch them but who needs to when you can see them from our street corner? Chet let Avery stay up late and he brought her outside to watch them.     And of course, the carnival also comes to town, one block away.  I coughed up $20 bucks on Saturday and treated the older kids to three rides each.  The nice, toothless man allowed Piper to ride for free on this one, as long as I went with her.  And as long as I wouldn't tell anyone.  Oops.  And he said I had to sit in the back because I wouldn't fit in the front. There was a parade o...