It's definitely a big milestone to turn 4 and Tucker has dreamed of this day ever since he turned 3. And he's already looking forward to 5.
Don't tease his birthday cake. Me and Hannah slapped it together and none of the kids seemed to mind.
I had grand plans to use new features I found on my camera to take pictures of the festivities and lo and behold, I run out of batteries just as the party is starting. See, I'm just not meant to be a photographer. And shortly after I took this blurry picture, the camera on my phone stops working. I break cameras without even being in pictures. Maybe that's why Chet won't buy me a fancy, expensive camera. Oh, and I forgot about the time I dropped MaryAnna's camera in the ocean in Myrtle Beach. That turned into an expensive vacation. At least I haven't left one on top of the car and drove away. Ahem. Cough. Megan. Ahem.
We took the birthday boy and his best cousin friend Lincoln out to Tutti Frutti for a little birthday treat. Tucker loaded up his bowl with different varieties of frozen yogurt and endless toppings, then had a few bites and was done. Then we stopped at one of the most exciting places on earth, Costco, and Tucker picked out a birthday coloring book with his birthday money from Grandma.
The next morning, we packed up the kids and headed for the Mall of America. Chet was in Montana snowboarding and I wasn't about to mold away the weekend at home. My timid, shy, cautious little 3 year old has blossomed into a brave little 4 year old, wanting to go on every ride he laid eyes on. Last time we went to the MOA, he barely stepped out of the stroller. Now he was running from ride to ride. Such a proud mommy moment. He hauled me onto the swings with him and eek! Last time I went on the swings I don't remember getting so dizzy! It's the pits getting old.
Despite a fun-filled weekend, Tucker was disappointed about the fact that when he woke up on Saturday morning, he wasn't any taller.
Don't tease his birthday cake. Me and Hannah slapped it together and none of the kids seemed to mind.
I had grand plans to use new features I found on my camera to take pictures of the festivities and lo and behold, I run out of batteries just as the party is starting. See, I'm just not meant to be a photographer. And shortly after I took this blurry picture, the camera on my phone stops working. I break cameras without even being in pictures. Maybe that's why Chet won't buy me a fancy, expensive camera. Oh, and I forgot about the time I dropped MaryAnna's camera in the ocean in Myrtle Beach. That turned into an expensive vacation. At least I haven't left one on top of the car and drove away. Ahem. Cough. Megan. Ahem.
We took the birthday boy and his best cousin friend Lincoln out to Tutti Frutti for a little birthday treat. Tucker loaded up his bowl with different varieties of frozen yogurt and endless toppings, then had a few bites and was done. Then we stopped at one of the most exciting places on earth, Costco, and Tucker picked out a birthday coloring book with his birthday money from Grandma.
The next morning, we packed up the kids and headed for the Mall of America. Chet was in Montana snowboarding and I wasn't about to mold away the weekend at home. My timid, shy, cautious little 3 year old has blossomed into a brave little 4 year old, wanting to go on every ride he laid eyes on. Last time we went to the MOA, he barely stepped out of the stroller. Now he was running from ride to ride. Such a proud mommy moment. He hauled me onto the swings with him and eek! Last time I went on the swings I don't remember getting so dizzy! It's the pits getting old.
Despite a fun-filled weekend, Tucker was disappointed about the fact that when he woke up on Saturday morning, he wasn't any taller.

Comments
Post a Comment