When the husband takes a phone call, I used to roll my eyes. His phone calls aren't always just simple hi, yup, bye type of conversations. They go on for oh, twenty minutes or more and various topics are usually covered quite extensively. I used to get impatient but I've learned to take advantage of the situation.
When he's talking and pacing around the house, I'll give him a chore. I'll hand him a rag and point the counter and he'll do it without even realizing it. I've given him the broom and pointed to the floor and he'll start sweeping, all while jammering away on the phone. He hangs up the phone and doesn't even realize that he did chores. It's great! We got home from a showing this afternoon and while he walked and talked, I handed him a pack of hot dogs and without asking, he went outside to grill.
Our daily life over the last few months has consisted of cleaning this house and rushing out the door in time for showings. This afternoon, we ran around town running errands and stopped in at the local gas station for a car wash.
Milo and Ruby are not fans of car washes. When Milo saw me pulling into the car wash gate, he started whimpering.
"I don't like the car wash!" he started panting. "Oh, man!"
His hat protected him during the worst of the car wash. When Ruby started crying, he started getting more frantic.
"Ruby doesn't like it! Drive, Mom! Drive!" he wailed.
As soon as we pulled forward into the dryer, he beamed and started clapping, thanking the car wash.


Comments
Post a Comment