The mornings around here aren't complete without a tantrum of some sort from Milo. His complaints vary; some days he got the wrong color cup and some days he's dropped a morsel of food on the floor and doesn't have the energy to pick it up.
He is quite particular and likes to do everything himself. If we do it for him, he will make us undo it so he can do it over. This includes getting undressed, getting dressed, putting shoes on, putting his hat on, getting in and out of the vehicle, buckling his car seat, putting things into his pockets, zipping up his pocket, you name it.
Yesterday morning, he wanted to go potty. We had gotten through breakfast with little to no complaints and I thought we were finally getting over the morning tantrum phase.
Now, he isn't potty trained yet. He is all talk and no walk.
Tucker was trying to get into the bathroom and Milo was blocking the door, bawling his eyes out. I heard the commotion and had to go investigate.
"Can you move out of Tucker's way?" I asked Milo.
"No." he said, tearfully. "I have to go potty."
"Oh, you do?" I asked.
"Yes." he said, breathing heavily. "Super bad."
I put him on the toilet and nothing happened. But he hopped off, pulled up his pants and went about his morning like he did this all the time. At least he's interested in going to the bathroom but I keep waiting for the day that he actually does.
It's officially skinned knee and bruised shin season. The first few injuries were pretty traumatic for the kids but yesterday, a few of them brushed it off like it was no big deal.
A few times a day, I bring the kids out to ride their bikes up and down the sidewalk. I'm so looking forward to a day when we can bike freely on the driveway without worrying about traffic. It's a good excuse to sit outside and get some Vitamin D, though.
But when Chet brings them out, it's more fun, I hear. Piper was quick to complain one day to me.
"But I miss my daddy. He helps me ride my bike and runs down the sidewalk with us and you just sit on your chair."
Tucker learned how to ride without training wheels, despite his best efforts to keep pushing it off for another year. "When I'm six, I will." Last year, it was, "When I'm five, I will."
Avery taught herself how to rollerblade. Well, I should say "rollerblade". Her first few hours were spent mostly on her elbows and knees. She has graduated to walking up the hill and gliding back down, using the grass as a brake.
Miss Woozy Pants was afraid of the grass for quite some time. When I laid her down, she winced and didn't move an inch while she drank her bottle. When it came time for her to roll over and sit back up, it took some bravery on her part.
A few days later, though, she was off and running. Grass no longer controls her life.
Can you believe this little cherub is going to be a big sister in a few short months? It'll be like having twins but with a 12 month break in between.
She is a mess-making, squishy, lovable and screechy little baby and I don't know what I'd do without her. I have a feeling that once she is up walking and running around, she is going to be trouble. She's not necessarily what one would describe as being calm. Stay tuned. I may have lots of blogging material over the next six months.








Comments
Post a Comment