I brought Piper and Ruby into the clinic yesterday for their well-child visits. A few months behind for both of them but better late than never. When the doctor walked in, Ruby put her arms up to him and he picked her up, pleased that a 13 month old wasn't scared of him for once. She got her six month shots (I said better late than never!) and was quite offended for a while. She let the entire clinic know her disdain for vaccinations but she was immediately pleased when the nurse handed her a sucker, with my permission. We had to stop at lab for some blood work and I thought, perfect, she can sit and eat her sucker and drool everywhere while they poke her foot. Well, yesterday they decided they needed her finger instead of her foot and the lab tech spent a good five minutes washing her hands of sucker juice after taking her sucker away. Ruby let the entire lab know her disdain for taking away suckers. That's just something that you don't do to a 13 month old girl named Ruby.
Piper also got her kindergarten shots yesterday and as they wiped her legs with the alcohol swab, she started crying, "I don't love to get shots!" She didn't handle it very well and was upset for the rest of the day.
I will safely say now that having six kids is busy. One was pure easy, two was even easier, three wasn't a big deal, four was somewhat harried in the beginning but tapered off, five was getting there but six has been quite busy so far. Between feedings, diaper changes, checking homework, remembering to cook meals, keeping a civil order in the house, folding laundry, running errands and occasionally waving at my husband across the living room, my days are zooming by. I have always had quite a bit of free time during the day, an hour here and a couple hours there, but now free time takes some advanced planning and is usually interrupted by someone needing to eat, so in other words, it rarely happens. I'm not complaining; I love all these little nuggets and it will all be worth it when I'm an old lady surrounded by all these people who hopefully still love me. I'm hoping my kids and grandkids will want to come visit me, instead of dragging their feet, mumbling and grumbling and watching the clock while we visit.
Diaper changing time is always a good time. I have to get them all at once or else I'll forget.
Although it usually turns into goofy time and one or more doesn't sit still. My goal is to have Milo trained by the end of the year but it probably won't happen. He is probably going to be the type that won't train until it's his idea.
Yesterday for lunch we were out and about so we grabbed some fast food to bring home to eat. Chet was sipping from a tall soft drink cup while I drank my water out of a smaller cup. Piper noticed the different size cups and asked, "Why does Dad get a bigger cup? Because he's the bomb-diggity?"
Yes, that's exactly what he is.



Comments
Post a Comment