
While we wait to close on this house and while I am in my take-it-easy postpartum period, unpacked boxes are left in all corners of the house, pictures are propped up against walls waiting to go up and laundry is left unfolded. Well, that's just because I haven't gotten around to folding it. No excuses there.
The kids play outside all day long and after their bedtime story, it's lights out. Literally. In under five minutes, five out of six are sound asleep. Bedtime was such a struggle at the old house, especially in the last few months before moving. The biggest problem was number four, as he is affectionately referred to. He would run room to room, tickling his siblings, causing a ruckus. Some of them would join in and some would yell at him from their beds. We haven't had any bedtime circus acts since moving to this house.
Milo was fighting a cold for a few days after Henry came home from the hospital and he wasn't allowed near him. Once his cold subsided, he was finally allowed to hold his Henry.
It didn't take long for him to become a pro.
He can even multi-task; hold the baby while listening intently to another tall-tale, ahem, true story from Avery.
I try to enjoy these late summer evenings out on the deck, feeding the baby and enjoying the peace, quiet and privacy I have been longing for for so many years. Ruby used to be content to crawl around on the deck but she has since discovered the dirt pile at the bottom of the deck stairs. I let her crawl around in the dirt tonight, much to Avery's chagrin.
"You better be prepared to give her a bath, Mom, because you know she is going to be filthy!" she warned me as Ruby made her way towards the dirt.
Avery and Tucker are ready for school! I peeked in to Tucker's room, where they are having a camp-out in their sleeping bags tonight and saw this. My postpartum hormones are in full swing and it made me tear up a little bit. Where did the time go?





Comments
Post a Comment