Avery is getting to the age where she is thinking about career choices. A few occupations have her interested.
Three months ago, she wanted to be a princess. Why?
When I get big, I want to be a princess so I can marry people. (Apparently, that's all princesses do.)
Two months ago, she wanted to be a policewoman.
I want to drive those police cars and get the bad guys and put them in jail. But do I have to drive a big van like Rick? (Rick is one of the cops in Buffalo and he has a sweet brown 12-passenger van.)
Last month, she wanted to be a road construction worker. We were driving to my mom's on County Road 34 and were stopped by a lady holding a stop/slow sign. After she told us to turn around, Avery chuckled.
I can't believe that girl, Mom.
What can't you believe?
When I get big I want to be a sign lady and that girl can be my friend.
Dream big, Avery. The sky is the limit.
This month, she has taken up interest in being an astronaut. When I asked her why she wanted to be an astronaut, she gave me a "duh" look. Obviously, so she can go to space!
Hey, Mom! Can you go buy me some healthy food and vegetables so I can have some energy and exercise stuff?
What do you need energy for?
So I can have energy for outer space!
Um, sure!
When I get to eighth grade, can I start to be an astronaut?
If you're really, really smart, I'm sure you can.
I would like to spoke with one. Do you know the astronaut's number?
No, I don't. But your auntie Carrie works on space stuff so she might know one.
Ok, well, you should send a tec message to Carrie and ask her if she knows an astronaut. Because I want to be their friend.
Smart girl, already getting connections to the astronaut community.
I wonder what she'll want to be next month. She better hurry and decide. She only has about 20 years to figure it out.
Comments
Post a Comment