It's a cooker out there, let me tell you. Hot and humid and yuck. But we waited all winter for this so I shouldn't complain. And I should quit talking about the weather because Minnesotans have a bad reputation for this and I don't want people to think that's all we talk about. It is, but I don't want them to think that.
Our living room has a big picture window and around 3pm, the sun beats down on the house, heating up the living room to about 85 degrees, even with the air conditioning blaring full board. With this 100+ degree heat, I just couldn't take it anymore and tacked dark blankets up over the windows to keep the heat out.
It's very fashionable. I have home catalog photographers lined up at my doorstep.
Note to self: buy curtains.
My poor husband is out in this sweltering heat, up on the third story, painting. If I was a nice wife, I'd bring them all Mr. Freeze's from DQ.
I'll quit talking about the weather.
The kids are getting excited about this coming weekend. We will be staying at a resort on Gull Lake, about 15 miles from the Summer Services site. Tucker believes we need to go today. Like now. He says the cavin is open and we need to put our shoes on and go. He has turned into a very bossy 3 year old.
This morning as I was dressing Piper, Milo was happily jumping up and down in his Jumperoo, babbling and screeching. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see why he was so happy.
Because he was jumping up and down in his poop, that's why.
His diaper overflowed and it ran down his leg, onto the floor. The area of concern was about a square foot and about one inch thick. With each jump, the contents smashed deeper and deeper into the carpet. All the jumping made the pink Little People van drive farther and farther into the mess, covering its tires and doors in a brownish-green substance. The repeated impact made the fecal material splatter onto the surrounding walls.
Milo had a bath. The Jumperoo had a bath. The carpet had a bath. The pink Little People van had a bath. The walls had a bath. I had a bath.
But it could be worse; at least he isn't constipated.
Our living room has a big picture window and around 3pm, the sun beats down on the house, heating up the living room to about 85 degrees, even with the air conditioning blaring full board. With this 100+ degree heat, I just couldn't take it anymore and tacked dark blankets up over the windows to keep the heat out.
It's very fashionable. I have home catalog photographers lined up at my doorstep.
Note to self: buy curtains.
My poor husband is out in this sweltering heat, up on the third story, painting. If I was a nice wife, I'd bring them all Mr. Freeze's from DQ.
I'll quit talking about the weather.
The kids are getting excited about this coming weekend. We will be staying at a resort on Gull Lake, about 15 miles from the Summer Services site. Tucker believes we need to go today. Like now. He says the cavin is open and we need to put our shoes on and go. He has turned into a very bossy 3 year old.
This morning as I was dressing Piper, Milo was happily jumping up and down in his Jumperoo, babbling and screeching. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see why he was so happy.
Because he was jumping up and down in his poop, that's why.
His diaper overflowed and it ran down his leg, onto the floor. The area of concern was about a square foot and about one inch thick. With each jump, the contents smashed deeper and deeper into the carpet. All the jumping made the pink Little People van drive farther and farther into the mess, covering its tires and doors in a brownish-green substance. The repeated impact made the fecal material splatter onto the surrounding walls.
Milo had a bath. The Jumperoo had a bath. The carpet had a bath. The pink Little People van had a bath. The walls had a bath. I had a bath.
But it could be worse; at least he isn't constipated.
Comments
Post a Comment