It's been a quiet morning around the house. Milo's already down for nap #1. Chet's off to St. Cloud State to figure out his first semester towards his Bachelor's degree, just in case none of these job prospects work out. Tucker and Avery are lining up trains to make the world's longest train and Piper is...
Wait.
Piper's quiet. That's never a good sign.
I heard a pitter-patter of feet on the dining room floor. Piper peeked around the corner with a guilty look on her face. I pretended not to see her. She crept quietly across the kitchen floor, eyes on me and a bottle of gripe water in her hand. Busted. She opened the fridge and put the gripe water back, child-proof cap still in place. She shut the fridge and looked at me again, her tongue pressed up against the inside of her cheek and a half smirk on her face. She locked the child lock on the outside of the refrigerator and came running over to me.
Naughty.
She is going through hitting phase #2. She went through a hitting phase a few months ago, but ignorance cured it. Now it's back and it's back with a vengeance.
Scenario: I'm changing Milo on the living room floor. Piper comes over and plops on my lap.
"Piper, move out of my way for a second so I can change Milo." I ask her.
"No way!" she yells and slaps my leg.
I pick her up, firmly tell her no, and place her on the floor. She again tries to climb onto my lap.
I give her something to play with but she throws it, saying, "Don't want it", narrowly missing Milo's large head. (Not an easy feat. His head is probably the same square footage as the living room.)
I ignore her, just to see what will happen. She winds up and slaps me right across the face.
Apparently, she doesn't like to be ignored. Attention is what she craves.
Into bed she goes for time-out.
She comes out of time-out and I sit down with her to read a book. A few minutes later I must have seriously offended her when I told her to quit shutting the book on my hand because she slapped me straight across the face.
Without saying a word, it's back into time-out.
We did this most of the morning and afternoon. I hope one of these times she'll get it.
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I haven't dealt with such a naughty little girl before. But she sure is cute. And she gives such good hugs. And she tells the best knock-knock jokes.
Wait.
Piper's quiet. That's never a good sign.
I heard a pitter-patter of feet on the dining room floor. Piper peeked around the corner with a guilty look on her face. I pretended not to see her. She crept quietly across the kitchen floor, eyes on me and a bottle of gripe water in her hand. Busted. She opened the fridge and put the gripe water back, child-proof cap still in place. She shut the fridge and looked at me again, her tongue pressed up against the inside of her cheek and a half smirk on her face. She locked the child lock on the outside of the refrigerator and came running over to me.
Naughty.
She is going through hitting phase #2. She went through a hitting phase a few months ago, but ignorance cured it. Now it's back and it's back with a vengeance.
Scenario: I'm changing Milo on the living room floor. Piper comes over and plops on my lap.
"Piper, move out of my way for a second so I can change Milo." I ask her.
"No way!" she yells and slaps my leg.
I pick her up, firmly tell her no, and place her on the floor. She again tries to climb onto my lap.
I give her something to play with but she throws it, saying, "Don't want it", narrowly missing Milo's large head. (Not an easy feat. His head is probably the same square footage as the living room.)
I ignore her, just to see what will happen. She winds up and slaps me right across the face.
Apparently, she doesn't like to be ignored. Attention is what she craves.
Into bed she goes for time-out.
She comes out of time-out and I sit down with her to read a book. A few minutes later I must have seriously offended her when I told her to quit shutting the book on my hand because she slapped me straight across the face.
Without saying a word, it's back into time-out.
We did this most of the morning and afternoon. I hope one of these times she'll get it.
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I haven't dealt with such a naughty little girl before. But she sure is cute. And she gives such good hugs. And she tells the best knock-knock jokes.
Not sure what the "cure" is I have the same difiant behavior from my now going on 4 year old. He has been getting time- outs for 3 years. Some kids just have to push every button!
ReplyDelete