What a wonderful weekend we had up at Summer Services. We are starting this week feeling refreshed in faith and so thankful for friends and family.
We stayed at the Quarterdeck Resort on Gull Lake, sharing a duplex with our dear friends, Jared & Linda, Loren & Jessica and Steve & Karen. The cabin was quite dirty and in need of some repairs but the view was worth it.
I mean, look at it.
These pictures are all courtesy of Chet, who takes pictures because I don't. And because I went to take a picture of him with my camera and it died.
Linda and I snuck out Saturday morning before church to take in the views and splash our feet in the water.
Avery was doing her hair during church, holding the ends and pushing the rest of the hair in an upward motion to get this effect. I got the giggles. I remember doing that as a little girl and thinking it was quite adorable.
Here are the three oldest cherubs enjoying lunch outside while I napped. We had stayed up too late the night before visiting, and the kids were awake at six bells. Why? Because the sun was up, that's why. That's just what they do.
A trip to the lake is not complete until I get to float on my floaty. Avery and I snuck out while Daddy watched the kids.
We made it home on Sunday evening after sitting in traffic and sitting in traffic and sitting in traffic. Did I mention we sat in traffic?
The older I get, the more I appreciate the opportunities when we can go to Services. It is exhausting to travel with little kids and it is difficult to sit through a sermon with one bouncing on your lap and one whining in your ear and one picking at your toenails and one trying to run away, but you never regret going.
We're already looking forward to next year!




Comments
Post a Comment