Piper swiped through the screens on my phone yesterday, looking for Angry Birds.
"Ang burds?" she asks. She is one of the worst players I've seen, sending the birds flying in the wrong direction. But it keeps her entertained for about a minute.
When she couldn't find it, she touched the camera icon and asked me to take her picture, handing me the phone.
Then of course, she wanted to see it. In my day, we had to wait until Mom took the rolls of film down to Ridgedale to Ritz Camera and then wait another week while they were developed.
As I folded the laundry the other day, Piper took it upon herself to help me by picking up something out of the basket and throwing it at me.
"Catch it!" she yelled.
When I did, she said, "Say thank you!"
She wouldn't even wait until I was done folding the piece of clothing she just threw at me before she chucked another one.
This week, I'm going to try to forget that most of my sisters are venturing out to San Francisco. If I forget about it, it won't bother me that I'm not going. Probably. But in 5 short weeks, I'll be laying on my floaty mat in the clear waters of the Bahamas and they'll be cooking and cleaning and not be floating in the clear waters of the Bahamas. So I think it's fair.

Comments
Post a Comment