Another exciting day at school for Avery; Valentine's Day! She got herself all dolled up in Valentine's Day colors and completed the look with a pink, sparkly headband. Tucker was equally excited, jumping around and exclaiming, "It's Valentine's Day, it's Valentine's Day!" Like he has any clue what it means.
She came home with a heap of Valentines and another heap of candy. The kids immediately surrounded her and without any prodding from me, she gave each kid one piece.
As I made lunch, the kids clamored around me, asking what was for lunch and what time lunch was and who would get to eat lunch today and why I was making what I was making for lunch.
"I think I'll blow some bubbles for the kids because they seem super whiny." Avery said, pulling out a little vial of bubbles out of her bag.
She kept them entertained while I cooked up some gourmet lunch. What a nice girl.
After lunch, they asked her for more candy.
"No." she said. "You can have one more piece each on Wednesday."
They seemed to accept that answer okay and went off to play, not realizing it would be another six days before Wednesday came. Whatever works. I'll have to remember to use that one.
I put the kids to bed and settled on the couch to play Angry Birds. I don't know why such a silly game is so much fun, but it is so don't ask. Avery and Tucker took their place on either side of me to cheer me on and to give me not-helpful hints. Avery bumped her foot on the laundry basket and started to whine a whine reserved for a real emergency.
Annoyed and against my better judgment, I said, "Grow up, Avery."
She stopped whining, looked at me and said, "But you always tell me to stop growing up so fast."
She's right. I do.
We are hoping to escape for a little Valentine's date tonight. Avery has been asking for a few days now when we will go to a fancy restaurant for Valentine's Day. She thinks she is going too.
She came home with a heap of Valentines and another heap of candy. The kids immediately surrounded her and without any prodding from me, she gave each kid one piece.
As I made lunch, the kids clamored around me, asking what was for lunch and what time lunch was and who would get to eat lunch today and why I was making what I was making for lunch.
"I think I'll blow some bubbles for the kids because they seem super whiny." Avery said, pulling out a little vial of bubbles out of her bag.
She kept them entertained while I cooked up some gourmet lunch. What a nice girl.
After lunch, they asked her for more candy.
"No." she said. "You can have one more piece each on Wednesday."
They seemed to accept that answer okay and went off to play, not realizing it would be another six days before Wednesday came. Whatever works. I'll have to remember to use that one.
I put the kids to bed and settled on the couch to play Angry Birds. I don't know why such a silly game is so much fun, but it is so don't ask. Avery and Tucker took their place on either side of me to cheer me on and to give me not-helpful hints. Avery bumped her foot on the laundry basket and started to whine a whine reserved for a real emergency.
Annoyed and against my better judgment, I said, "Grow up, Avery."
She stopped whining, looked at me and said, "But you always tell me to stop growing up so fast."
She's right. I do.
We are hoping to escape for a little Valentine's date tonight. Avery has been asking for a few days now when we will go to a fancy restaurant for Valentine's Day. She thinks she is going too.
Comments
Post a Comment