These lucky kids got to go for their first airplane ride last week. Chet took Avery and Tucker to the Buffalo Airport for an annual BBQ with the police department. In years past when I've gone with, I've strictly prohibited the kids from getting into that little plane. So this year, when I wasn't there to say no, Chet let them fly.
They absolutely loved it! I hope they don't inherit their mother's fear of flying some day.
School starts up again for Chet on Monday and if everything goes as planned, it will be his final semester ever. But haven't we said that before? I have four weeks left of maternity leave before I get to go back to work and leave behind my precious wittle Woozy. I just hope she keeps up with her current sleep schedule at night which is sleep for five hours, wake up to eat, sleep for another four hours. I can't believe how much she is spoiling me. I better quit talking about it before she changes her mind.
Milo has not adjusted well to being second place. He is pretty neutral about Ruby and doesn't really pay much attention to her, but when he needs something and is told he has to wait, he collapses on the floor or throws whatever he is holding across the room. It's a rough life for him.
Piper and Tucker will be off to preschool in a few weeks. I went back and forth with the decision to send them or not and on a particularly chaotic day at home with everyone screaming and fighting, I made the decision to send them. It's just a part time program, so they'll be gone during afternoon nap time for about four hours. They are absolutely thrilled to be starting and every morning ask me if today is the day. It has been a great incentive for Piper's potty training, as I kind of tricked her and told her she has to be potty trained prior to starting preschool. So far, we are on day three of no accidents.
Avery has been begging to go school supply shopping and at the top of her list: a diary. Or a dairy as she calls it. She doesn't need a diary for school, of course, but she feels that she needs one. We have a few of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and she confessed to me this morning that she has wanted a 'dairy' so bad that she couldn't help it one day when she saw a pen on the floor; she just had to write in the Wimpy Kid book! And how she wishes she had her own!



Comments
Post a Comment