Little Ruby Sarah joined our family on Monday evening after a long and adventurous labor. Or should I say Big Ruby Sarah? My biggest baby yet weighed in at 8 pounds 10 ounces and measured a good 22 inches long.
After a positive Coombs test came back, she was put on a bili blanket to control her bilirubin levels. Apparently, her blood doesn't mesh well with my blood.
When the bili blanket didn't work, she was placed under the bili lights as well. It's hard to not be able to hold them during the hospital stay. I have a new appreciation for parents of preemies. At least we could take her out to feed her, but then she had to go right back under.
Grandma brought Piper and Milo up to the hospital to see us. Piper had to keep checking in on her baby. She has told me for a few months now that this is her baby girl. And I tell her in Piper-style, "She's alla-body's baby girl!"
Milo isn't too sure about her, though. He kept wiggling further back onto my lap in a possessive manner.
We were discharged this afternoon and until the bili bed arrived at our house, Ruby got to actually wear something other than just a diaper. And it doesn't fit her. I think it's supposed to be long sleeved. We get to go in every day for blood work until her levels get better.






She's a cutie! I saw your mom yesterday and she was telling me about being under the lights. Good luck! Hope all goes well... Maybe I can buzz there sometime next week.
ReplyDelete