Our new morning routine consists of everyone waking up at 7:30am, me and Avery showering, everyone dressed and out the door by 8:30am. It's a great excuse not to workout; there's just no time. Darn. I pile everyone in the stroller and we make our one block trek to Avery's school. Yesterday, I walked her up to the school doors and let her walk in by herself. I watched her walk with confidence down the hallway until she was out of sight, her empty backpack bouncing around on her back.
This morning, I walked her to the corner and let her cross the street by herself, with the help of the crossing guards of course, and watched her disappear into the crowd of kids who were getting off of the bus.
The teacher who was monitoring the crossing smiled at me and said, "She's so little."
Tell me about it, lady. She's too little.
I found this pic as I was rifling through my camera. I always chuckle at Piper's teeth. I know, it sounds ridiculous but they're so huge! How big are her adult teeth going to be? We may have to add on to our house when that time comes.
Someone took this picture besides me, because I didn't take it. And it looks suspiciously like my mom and dad's house in the background. This little guy spiked a fever yesterday and we didn't get much sleep last night. But he's cruising around the house this morning, pushing his yellow bus that he's become attached to. Back and forth, back and forth, the bus goes where he goes. And I still don't know who he looks like, besides the man in the moon.
Avery brought home some morning glory seeds from Sunday School last spring. I stuck the seeds in the dirt next to my climbing rose bush, not really thinking they'd even grow. I was wrong. They have taken over my garden like a naughty little child, suffocating my rose bush and making their way up the side of the house. At least the flowers are pretty. Tucker gasped when he saw they had bloomed and I snapped this picture as my camera battery died.
I need to get a new camera. Or at least better batteries.
Comments
Post a Comment