Beautiful winter weather, such as this lovely sight of my disappearing sidewalk, has brought out the creative sides of the kids as they have nothing better to do than sit inside. After they depleted my printer paper, I finally bought them their own package as well as some construction paper, markers, glue, scissors and an extra vacuum for the mess.
This is how they spend their days. They find the most precarious places to do their artwork. Never mind that there's an empty table on the other side of the room. (Today is shirtless Friday for Milo. He spilled a drop of milk from his breakfast onto his shirt so now it's eternally soiled.)
This is one of my favorites from Tucker. Chet took him out scouting one day into the woods and they came across a tree that had fallen over the path. Tucker came home and told me the story about the big storm knocking the tree over. He drew it for me a few days ago. I think I'll have to save this one.
This is one of Piper's portraits. She learned how to draw people and now she can't stop. She draws her friends, family, make-believe friends, grandparents, you name it.
She even drew this picture of her great-grandma's sister who is sick in the hospital. No such person exists in real life.
And here are all her friends. The one on the front right has boogers, in case you were wondering why her nose is so funny shaped. She is sick and had to stay home from preschool.
They make about 25 pictures each day, each, times four which equals 100 pictures, if I learned my math correctly in grade school. Times that by about 100 days of brutal winter and I would have a lot of pictures. I have to go through them all and keep very few. But I do it very discreetly.
Except Tucker caught on.
"Why do you and Dad throw away our pictures in the night?"
Oops. Someday when they are parents, they will understand. I do keep the best of the best in their files. It's fun to see the progression.






You should take pictures, like you did here, and make a shutterfly book of all their winter artwork! It would entertain them for many more hours! A lot of times they have a "buy one book, get one free" so you can have one to store away and give them one to destroy (if that is what they feel necessary)!
ReplyDelete