I was snuggling with a bouncing Ruby girl this morning on the couch after the fanfare of her awakening died down. She is the highlight of the morning for the entire family. As soon as she emerges from her sleeping quarters, word quickly gets around that the she is awake!
"Ruby!" yells the first person who notices her.
As soon as everyone else hears "Ruby!", the sound of footsteps from all over the house get louder and louder and she is soon surrounded by her loyal fans. She is smothered with kisses and each sibling gets a scratched face, a hair pull or a poked out eyeball from the princess herself. And no one seems to mind. In fact, they find it quite hysterical. I wish I had that kind of warm welcome when I wake up. All I get is, "What's for breakfast?"
As we snuggled, she decided it would be a good time to barf. She's not as bad as Piper once was but she can put up some comp. The barf landed on my arm, my pant leg, then slid down between the couch cushions.
"Milo!" I yelled. "Grab me a wet one!" If I were to get up and get it myself, I'd have an even bigger mess. It was safest for me to stay still before I disturbed the puke any further.
"No, I can't." he said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"I'm pooping." he said.
Oh.
"Why don't you go poop on the toilet?" I asked him.
"Cause." he said. "I'm done."
That's a good reason, I guess.
"Now can you get me a wet one?" I asked.
"Ok." he said and retrieved not one, but two wipes.
Then he laid down on the floor and waited for me to change him. I think someone is ready to be potty trained.
As soon as the clock showed 9:56am, the kids settled themselves on the kitchen floor to watch the countdown. As soon as it read 10:00, they stood up and yelled, "It's snack time!" Can't start snack time a minute too early or a minute too late. As they ate their snack at the table, they all discussed the important topics of the day: airplanes, bad guys and yogurt.
About a minute later, Milo came running around the corner.
"Mom!" he said, looking worried. "Piper said a bad word!"
"What did she say?" I asked.
"She, she, um." he stammered. "Butt."
Gasp!
"Ruby!" yells the first person who notices her.
As soon as everyone else hears "Ruby!", the sound of footsteps from all over the house get louder and louder and she is soon surrounded by her loyal fans. She is smothered with kisses and each sibling gets a scratched face, a hair pull or a poked out eyeball from the princess herself. And no one seems to mind. In fact, they find it quite hysterical. I wish I had that kind of warm welcome when I wake up. All I get is, "What's for breakfast?"
As we snuggled, she decided it would be a good time to barf. She's not as bad as Piper once was but she can put up some comp. The barf landed on my arm, my pant leg, then slid down between the couch cushions.
"Milo!" I yelled. "Grab me a wet one!" If I were to get up and get it myself, I'd have an even bigger mess. It was safest for me to stay still before I disturbed the puke any further.
"No, I can't." he said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"I'm pooping." he said.
Oh.
"Why don't you go poop on the toilet?" I asked him.
"Cause." he said. "I'm done."
That's a good reason, I guess.
"Now can you get me a wet one?" I asked.
"Ok." he said and retrieved not one, but two wipes.
Then he laid down on the floor and waited for me to change him. I think someone is ready to be potty trained.
As soon as the clock showed 9:56am, the kids settled themselves on the kitchen floor to watch the countdown. As soon as it read 10:00, they stood up and yelled, "It's snack time!" Can't start snack time a minute too early or a minute too late. As they ate their snack at the table, they all discussed the important topics of the day: airplanes, bad guys and yogurt.
About a minute later, Milo came running around the corner.
"Mom!" he said, looking worried. "Piper said a bad word!"
"What did she say?" I asked.
"She, she, um." he stammered. "Butt."
Gasp!
Comments
Post a Comment