It doesn't take long before my babies grow up and become one of the gang. Ruby fits right in.
It's officially fall and our two days of summer are over already. I love my big old trees in my yard but I am not loving the large amount of falling leaves they produce. The leaves get blown into the garage and I have leaves all over everything, sticking to the kids' fleece jackets and hats. The kids love it, of course, doing one of my favorite childhood fall activities; making bike trails all over the yard.
And fall isn't complete without an obligatory trip to the apple torture, as my nephew Felix so eloquently puts it. I happen to agree with him. Especially on a cold, windy Sunday.
Are we having fun yet? I just realized that the days of asking someone to take your picture are over, now that every phone these days is equipped with a selfie camera. What next?
Piper got a bloody nose right after we got there and was good about holding her nose until it stopped. Even during pictures. Jen and Darrel's kids were too shy to get their picture taken.
We lasted a solid 20 minutes at the orchard before making our way back to our house. Not bad!

.jpg)





Comments
Post a Comment