Having a fresh newborn at this time of year, I have forgotten to take in the beauty of the fall colors.
One day, as we were driving somewhere, I panicked.
"I HAVEN'T EVEN LOOKED AT THE FALL COLORS YET THIS YEAR!" I yelled to Chet.
"If you look to your right or straight or left, this vehicle is equipped with windows. Look out them. You will see fall colors." he said.
"Yes, you are right." I said, looking out the window. "Sorry for blowing up."
The trees in our yard have lost all of their leaves but some of the neighbors' trees are still bountiful.
We ran some errands a few days ago and for some reason, we always end up in Rogers. I don't know if it's because there is a Cabela's in Rogers or if it is because Cabela's is there. It doesn't matter if our errands are in Buffalo, Hutchinson, Red Wing or Plymouth. We always seem to end up in Rogers. It's weird.
After his Cabela's run, Chet propositioned that we pull into a strip mall parking lot containing another hunting store and an archery store. Just my cup of tea!
"Fine." I said. "But pick just one store. You can't go to both."
Sitting in a parked vehicle with two babies who do not appreciate when the vehicle stops is not my idea of a good time. Luckily, we had stopped at Mickey D's and each kid was content chomping on their "fresh baked" stale cookies as Chet went into the archery store.
The door to the archery store opened about ten minutes later and a man came out with his hat pulled low and sunglasses on, his shoulders hunched up a bit. It kind of gave me the feeling that this was someone that didn't want to be recognized. Maybe it was a movie star!
He was dressed exactly like Chet but surely it couldn't be him as he was only allowed to go into 1 (one) store. This man then disappeared into the hunting store. About five minutes later, Chet came out of the hunting store, which was weird, because I only saw him go into the archery store.
I can't wait to, oops, end up at Michael's or Joann Fabrics during our errand runs, and oops, go into both stores for, oops, a half hour, oops, each!





Comments
Post a Comment