Ruby loves to "boop" Henry's nose.
But I have to take him with me whenever she is awake. She has good intentions but her actions do not come across in a gentle or nice manner. She starts out softly, patting his head and saying, "Nice, nice." The pats turn to gentle hits, the gentle hits turn into harder pats and if I don't intervene, the harder pats turn into all out slugs, while her face goes from smile to the not-smiling-I-know-I'm-naughty-toddler face.
When she notices I'm burping him, she races over to get a chance to hit him on the back. It's like the jackpot. She gets to hit her brother for free and not get in trouble. One time, I was holding him and scrolling on something on the computer and she came up and started burping him. I hadn't noticed until I heard him burp. I looked down and realized she had been burping him for me. She opened her mouth, gasped a little gasp and then grinned. Thanks, Ruby!
We enjoyed the mini-Indian Summer last week and took a few family bike rides. Well, one adult got to walk as we realized a piece is missing for one of the bike trailers.
Avery and Tucker are both in need of bigger bikes and it's just one of those things we keep forgetting to do until, say, we take a bike ride and realize they are pedaling a million miles an hour to keep up and not getting very far. Avery's back wheel wobbles and I was almost certain it was going to fall off on this particular bike ride. Chet and I always say to each other, "They need new bikes." And then we promise to get them new bikes and then we don't and then we go on a bike ride and we say to each other, "They need new bikes." And then we promise to get them new bikes and...
There's something wonderful about the outdoors that puts babies right to sleep. It gives me time to start a crochet project, that is, until I get bored with it and quit before it's done.
Piper was more than willing to be my model. I'd crochet two stitches and she would already be asking to try it on again.




Comments
Post a Comment