And the potty training begins! Milo went potty five times and earned himself a trip to Target to pick out his own undies. Of course, it hasn't all gone smoothly but this is the first time in my potty training experiences that the trainee has been totally dedicated. When he has an accident, he says in his raspy voice, "Oh, man!" When he is successful, I hear him from the bathroom shouting to no one in particular, "Yes, I did it!"
I hope the momentum keeps up. I haven't had to use any bribes or rewards this time around. Just clear instruction and lots of cheers. This morning, we gathered around him jumping up and down, shouting, "Milo peed on the potty, Milo peed on the potty!" He giggled and tucked his chin into his shoulder and said, "Stop it."
I was unpacking more boxes today and came across my baby book. The kids had a grand time flipping through it, pointing to pictures of me and calling out different names, "There's Tucker!" "There's Ruby!" I had to remind them several times that the baby in that book was me. After all, Tucker doesn't usually wear frilly red dresses. It's a difficult concept for kids to wrap their head around, that Mom was a baby at one point in time. To them, I've always been Mom, not someone's baby.
They saw the picture of me when I was ABOUT TWO YEARS OLD, (sorry, I bumped the caps lock on accident, didn't mean to start shouting) anyways, I was about two years old and had fallen asleep on the potty, resting my head on the side of the bathtub. They couldn't stop giggling. Yes, yes, even Mom had to be potty trained once.

Comments
Post a Comment