We left the house for a Sunday evening visit. On his way to the van, Tucker spotted the moon. As he climbed into the van, his eyes didn't leave the moon. He climbed into his car seat, still looking at the moon.
"Turn around, Tucker and buckle, please."
"Mom. I see the moon."
"Ok, awesome! Now turn around."
"Mom. Awey see the moon too."
"Fantastic! Now let's go."
"Fantastic! Now let's go."
"Ok."
We headed for Monticello.
"Hey, Mom! Why does the moon follow us?"
"I don't know, Avery. That's a great question."
"Would Carrie and Mike know?"
"Probably. They know everything."
"Oh, they are just so smart."
Continuing down the highway, the moon is still the subject of conversation.
"Awey. I see the moon."
"Tucker, stop talking about the moon."
"Awey, see the moon?"
"Awey, see the moon?"
"I'm not talking about the moon anymore, Tucker."
"Awey. Look at the moon."
"TUCKER! I'M NOT GOING TO LOOK AT THE MOON! I'M TOO TIRED!"
"AWEY, LOOK AT THE MOON!"
"Oh, for crying out loud, Avery! Look at the moon! Tell him how cool it is! Don't ignore your brother. He's trying to talk to you!"
With that, I burst into an I-can't-believe-this-conversation kind of laugh.
Then something magical happened. Avery kindly told Tucker about the moon, that the sun turns into the moon at night and that in the morning, the moon turns into the sun.
I had no idea she knew that much about the moon. Even I didn't know that much. I wonder if Carrie and Mike know that.
When we got back home, I took an almost sleeping Piper out of her carseat. She looked up at the sky, pointed and made her signature eeah sound. She saw the moon, too.
Comments
Post a Comment