Monday is my day off and we jam pack as much fun into it as we can. Fun, meaning, doctor appointments, grocery runs, Target runs, bill paying. You know, the fun things we get to do now that we're adults.
I brought Tucker in to the clinic in the morning. He was quite uncooperative with the nurse and the doc. He did fine when they were listening to his chest, taking his vitals and getting his weight. But when it came time for him to open up and say "ahhh", he wasn't having any of it. The nurse was able to pry his teeth apart with a tongue depressor and do a quick strep test. She gasped at the sight of his tonsils.
"Pus and sores everywhere." she explained.
The doc came in and talked to Tucker in his signature Donald Duck voice. Tucker was not amused. He checked him over, did a lot of hmmmming and couldn't find much wrong with him. I mentioned what the nurse had said about his tonsils. He pried Tucker's teeth apart with a tongue depressor and gasped at the sight of his tonsils.
"Pus and sores everywhere." he explained.
Strep test was negative, which stumped the doc. He diagnosed him with tonsillitis and decided to treat him with antibiotics for the cold, hoping it would do something for his tonsils too. I mentioned to him that Tucker gets sick at least once a month, usually with a high fever. This could be the cause for him getting sick; his tonsils are no good. We get to monitor them for a few more months before they decide what they want to do.
Tucker and I made a trip to Target to pick up his prescription. We were told it would be a twenty minute wait. Perfect for me to browse the store and put things in my cart that I hadn't planned on buying. Exactly twenty minutes later, I showed up at the pharmacy. They needed a current copy of Tucker's insurance card. Now you tell me. I handed it over. They told me it would be another ten minutes. We waited and browsed the store some more. Exactly ten minutes later, I showed up at the pharmacy. I was told Tucker's card was not valid anymore and that I should call the insurance company. Or I could pay full price for the prescription and call later. Fuming, I paid the whopping $14 and left.
Why does everything have to be so complicated?
We got home and Chet was on his way out the door. He went to go start his car and guess what? It wouldn't start! Ha! (Sorry, it's just that he thinks it only happens when I try to start it.)
He came back in the house, not too impressed. I told him to take the van and deal with the car later. Avery caught wind of what was going on.
"Mom, why don't you just go out there and wiggle it like you did at Target and then it will start? Does Dad not know how to do that?"
Comments
Post a Comment