Avery is more than excited about her upcoming Sunday School program. She's taking practicing very seriously. She was a wee bit disappointed at first, after realizing that she wasn't going to be Mary or an angel, but she's willingly accepted her new part as one of the preschoolers. The girls in the picture are her and her best friends, although she doesn't remember their names. But they are her bestest, bestest friends at Sunday School.Tucker continues to be sick, which is the usual around here for him. The girls don't get sick very often, if ever, and Tucker gets every little cold, flu and sneeze. I had made an appointment for him on Friday, but cancelled it out of fear that I would get the standard, "It's just a virus." But now after four days of fever, cough, green sputum and not wanting to eat much, I'm bringing him in.
He was sleeping on the couch yesterday while Chet took Avery to Sunday School. Piper was in bed and I snuggled in next to Tucker. It's the only thing nice about having sick kids. After about ten minutes of him snoozing, I readjusted myself and he woke up. He looked at me.
"Get off."
"What?"
"My couch. Get off."
"Excuse you? I'm your mother and I'd like to snuggle with you."
"No. Don't want to. Get off."
So that didn't work out. Still wanting to be close to him, I pulled out my crochet stuff and continued work on Avery's stocking. Tucker had since fully woken up and was playing with his train set on the couch.
"Move, Mom."
"Why?"
"You in my way. My tracks don't fit."
"Well, go play on the floor."
"No, don't want to."
I chuckled and kept on crocheting. After a few minutes, I got up to check on lunch and put my crochet bag and project on the cushion to save my spot. When I came back, Tucker had moved all my stuff to the floor and expanded his track over the entire couch. I guess eminent domain exists in this house.
Comments
Post a Comment