What a relief it was to have the water back on Tuesday afternoon. My pioneer hours were over and I could get stuff done. And we could flush the toilet. And thank you, Vanessa, for offering to bring me a drink of water. Your kindness did not go unnoticed.
I walked into the dining room a few days ago and Avery was busy cutting and pasting on the floor.
"Don't look, Mom." she said, covering her project.
A few minutes later, she walked into the living room with her hand behind her back.
"Can I read this to you?" she asked. "No, I want to read it to you and Dad."
So she began.
"Dear Mom and Dad, you are the best Mom and Dad in the world. I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much."
"That's it?" I asked. "That's only how much you love me?"
"I mean," she continued. "Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......"
The clock struck 12. I fed everyone lunch.
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."
The clock struck 1. I put the babies for a nap.
"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much."
"That's better." I said. "I was starting to worry that you didn't love me that much."
"Well, I love both you and Dad 100%." she explained.
I can't wait to bust these out when she's 15 years old.
I walked into the dining room a few days ago and Avery was busy cutting and pasting on the floor.
"Don't look, Mom." she said, covering her project.
A few minutes later, she walked into the living room with her hand behind her back.
"Can I read this to you?" she asked. "No, I want to read it to you and Dad."
So she began.
"Dear Mom and Dad, you are the best Mom and Dad in the world. I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much."
"That's it?" I asked. "That's only how much you love me?"
"I mean," she continued. "Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......"
The clock struck 12. I fed everyone lunch.
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."
The clock struck 1. I put the babies for a nap.
"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much."
"That's better." I said. "I was starting to worry that you didn't love me that much."
"Well, I love both you and Dad 100%." she explained.
I can't wait to bust these out when she's 15 years old.


Comments
Post a Comment