Avery came running over to me this morning, with fresh morning breath and her hair snarled in a world record-worthy rat's nest.
"Mom! Mom! I had a totally awesome dream! Tucker was jumping off the diving board and he BOUNCED into the pool, then BOUNCED onto the ceiling and..."
Her story was interrupted by Milo, who was alerting the neighborhood that he was now awake and ready to eat. Avery went off to work on her math problems.
As I was preparing lunch, Avery recollected her dream and started to tell Tucker all about it as he flipped through the Far Side comic book.
"Hey, Tucker! I had a totally awesome dream and you were in it and it was ah-larious. You were jumping off the diving board and you BOUNCED into the pool, then BOUNCED onto the ceiling and BOUNCED back into the pool and then..."
Tucker, still flipping through his comic book, looked up at her, then back down to his reading, unfazed by her dramatic story.
"You BOUNCED into the treehouse and then BOUNCED back into the pool and then BOUNCED back to the ceiling and then BOUNCED back onto the diving board. Isn't that awesome?"
Tucker shook his head and continued to read.
Desperate to get some sort of approval from her little brother, Avery took to acting out the dream in the living room.
"See, Tucker? This is what you were doing. You BOUNCED off the couch, I mean the diving board, and BOUNCED into the pool and BOUNCED..."
Tucker looked up and stared at her as she continued to act out the story.
"Awey, that not a pool. That the floor."
Avery heaved a big sigh and gave up. Clearly, he wasn't interested.
She came running over to me.
"Mom! Mom! Guess what? Remember the totally awesome dream I had last night? After Tucker BOUNCED into the pool and BOUNCED onto the ceiling, he BOUNCED..."
"Mom! Mom! I had a totally awesome dream! Tucker was jumping off the diving board and he BOUNCED into the pool, then BOUNCED onto the ceiling and..."
Her story was interrupted by Milo, who was alerting the neighborhood that he was now awake and ready to eat. Avery went off to work on her math problems.
As I was preparing lunch, Avery recollected her dream and started to tell Tucker all about it as he flipped through the Far Side comic book.
"Hey, Tucker! I had a totally awesome dream and you were in it and it was ah-larious. You were jumping off the diving board and you BOUNCED into the pool, then BOUNCED onto the ceiling and BOUNCED back into the pool and then..."
Tucker, still flipping through his comic book, looked up at her, then back down to his reading, unfazed by her dramatic story.
"You BOUNCED into the treehouse and then BOUNCED back into the pool and then BOUNCED back to the ceiling and then BOUNCED back onto the diving board. Isn't that awesome?"
Tucker shook his head and continued to read.
Desperate to get some sort of approval from her little brother, Avery took to acting out the dream in the living room.
"See, Tucker? This is what you were doing. You BOUNCED off the couch, I mean the diving board, and BOUNCED into the pool and BOUNCED..."
Tucker looked up and stared at her as she continued to act out the story.
"Awey, that not a pool. That the floor."
Avery heaved a big sigh and gave up. Clearly, he wasn't interested.
She came running over to me.
"Mom! Mom! Guess what? Remember the totally awesome dream I had last night? After Tucker BOUNCED into the pool and BOUNCED onto the ceiling, he BOUNCED..."
Comments
Post a Comment