What's even more fun than having kids old enough to talk to you is having kids old enough to talk to each other. Although it seems like they argue more than they talk, it's fun to listen to them converse, especially when they don't know you're listening.
Last night, I sent Avery and Tucker up to bed, telling them I'd be up soon to say prayers. As I was cleaning up their toothpaste mess in the bathroom, I heard them upstairs as they crawled into their beds.
"Tucker. You just love Thomas, don't you?" Avery asked.
"Yeah. And Percy and James." he said. "Daddy loves Gordon and Mommy loves Emily."
"Tucker, if there's a bad guy in the house, don't worry. I'll run downstairs and press ok and ok again on Mommy's phone and press 911 and then send." she promised. "Then the police will come and take the bad guy to jail."
"Ok."
I brought Piper upstairs and both kids descended on her, giving her hugs and kisses before she went to bed.
This morning, I was eating my breakfast before the kids woke up. The clunking and thumping started as they started to wake.
"Good morning, Tucker. Did you sleep good?" Avery asked.
"Yeah, Awey." he said.
"Did you have any good dreams?" she wondered.
"Yeah."
As they're eating their breakfast this morning, I can hear Avery giving Tucker advice on how to get a cookie from me.
"Tucker, if you want a cookie and if I want a cookie, you go ask Mom 'can we please have a cookie?'" she said. "If she says no, then you come back in a little bit and then she'll say yes."
Huh. Is that how it works?
And what can be even cuter than kids conversing is a naughty 20 month old singing the tune of I am Jesus Little Lamb. You suddenly forget how naughty she is when you hear her sing as she goes about her day.
Last night, I sent Avery and Tucker up to bed, telling them I'd be up soon to say prayers. As I was cleaning up their toothpaste mess in the bathroom, I heard them upstairs as they crawled into their beds.
"Tucker. You just love Thomas, don't you?" Avery asked.
"Yeah. And Percy and James." he said. "Daddy loves Gordon and Mommy loves Emily."
"Tucker, if there's a bad guy in the house, don't worry. I'll run downstairs and press ok and ok again on Mommy's phone and press 911 and then send." she promised. "Then the police will come and take the bad guy to jail."
"Ok."
I brought Piper upstairs and both kids descended on her, giving her hugs and kisses before she went to bed.
This morning, I was eating my breakfast before the kids woke up. The clunking and thumping started as they started to wake.
"Good morning, Tucker. Did you sleep good?" Avery asked.
"Yeah, Awey." he said.
"Did you have any good dreams?" she wondered.
"Yeah."
As they're eating their breakfast this morning, I can hear Avery giving Tucker advice on how to get a cookie from me.
"Tucker, if you want a cookie and if I want a cookie, you go ask Mom 'can we please have a cookie?'" she said. "If she says no, then you come back in a little bit and then she'll say yes."
Huh. Is that how it works?
And what can be even cuter than kids conversing is a naughty 20 month old singing the tune of I am Jesus Little Lamb. You suddenly forget how naughty she is when you hear her sing as she goes about her day.
Comments
Post a Comment