Well, now another year has ended and another one has begun.
We had plans to attend a New Year's party but those plans were derailed when Milo started coughing at our Niemela family Christmas party on Saturday. Oh, and also when Tucker had a Code 10 situation in the kitchen at my mom & dad's. Code 10 means he was standing in a substance that could have either been bodily fluids or Dr. Pepper. It took a team of investigators to figure it out. Again, time for a new antibiotic.
Chet and I returned home with the kids and sent them off to bed. He and I sat down to play a game of Blokus, a new favorite. He won. We went to bed early and forgot to ring in the new year.
Avery spent most of New Year's Day wondering what she should wear for happy new year. Tucker spent his day having accident after accident in his undies; time to change his antibiotic to something that doesn't, I don't know, make him do that. Piper spent her day pining for Daddy's attention and throwing tantrums if he didn't get to her right away. Milo and I spent our day quarantined in the bedroom, him sick with a horrible cough and cold and me bent over my two broken computers, trying to fix them. (The desktop is in the mood to work for the time being so I'm taking full advantage.)
Chet brought the kids outside in the afternoon to play in the new-fallen snow. Tucker lasted all of 3.4 seconds and came back in. Milo and I went down for a nap; we had been up all night. In the midst of my nap, I heard Avery bawling outside. Turns out, she got a whitewash to the face on accident from Daddy. Something about he was digging in the snow like a dog and she walked behind him and got a handful to the face. I'd be bawling, too. Piper was the only one who enjoyed the outdoors.
We had Dan & MaryAnna over New Year's Day evening. We played a round of Settlers and I lost brutally. We played a few rounds of Main Street and I dominated. Overall, it was a great evening. My fellow players would not agree. (heh heh)
It's back to reality today as Chet's off to work and I'm running between fixing stalling computers and a tantrum-throwing toddler and sick-with-everything baby and potty-training-two year old and an overly-dramatic four but almost five year old. The aforementioned tantrum-throwing toddler is throwing a tantrum as I type, mad because she wants more banana bread. I think I'll give her a hug and read her a story instead.
I better post before this computer stalls again.
Comments
Post a Comment