Chet was rummaging around in his car over the weekend and came back into the house with a camera.
"What should I do with this?" he asked.
"Does it take film?" I questioned.
"Yeah."
"Then, throw it away." I replied.
He looked at me like I had four heads.
"Throw it away?! But, but, it still works!"
"It takes FILM! It's scuffed up and dirty. It's at least 15 years old. Throw it away."
He was speechless for a few moments.
"Dear, you can't hold onto every knick-knack just because it still works. You have two cameras, digital cameras mind you, and you have no use for a film camera." I said.
"But, wouldn't it be cool to keep it so that the kids can look at it in a few years and be like 'Cool, Mom and Dad, you have a FILM camera?'" He asked.
"So, in that case, we shouldn't throw anything away." I said. "That way, the kids can be like, 'Cool, Mom and Dad, you have a pizza box from 2006?' 'Awesome, Mom and Dad, you have a computer from 2007 that doesn't work?'"
He noticed that the roll of film still had a few pictures left, so he went around the house snapping pictures of who-knows-what. He rewound the film, (the sound of film rewinding brings back memories of my youth), took it out and tossed the camera into the garbage can.
"Fine." he said. "I'll tell the kids that Mom wouldn't let me keep anything cool when they ask why we don't have cool old things."
Sure, make it sound like Mom never lets anyone do anything fun.
Now I have to bring in the roll of film to Walmart to get it developed, if they even still do that. But don't tell Chet; I'm excited to see what's on that roll of film.

Comments
Post a Comment