I'm having a hard time getting motivated today. All because of this kid. I can't help but stop and pick him up and squeeze him and tickle him and kiss him and eat his cheeks. I've got over a week's worth of laundry piled up ready to be folded and everyone is out of clean underwear but I can't put him down. Except to take a picture. And blog about how cute he is.
Piper has stolen three cookies this morning. She has outsmarted me every time. I put them high up on the counter, but she pushed a chair over to the counter and stole one. I put the chair back at the table but she pushed it back to the counter and stole another one. I took away the chairs but she pushed over the toy bucket and put it upside down and stole another one. I put the cookies away.
This kid keeps busy night and day with his trains. Except for when he's telling knock-knock jokes. Or knock-knock joke. It's the same one over and over again. Even Avery is getting sick of it. "Mom, Tucker has been telling the same joke for years!" she whined.
We've made a rule in this house; no computer during the summer unless it's raining outside. All day long, Avery laments to me that she's so bored.
"Go outside." I tell her.
"But there's nothing to do out there!"
"Use your imagination!"
"But I imagined I was flying and it didn't work." she said. "My imagination is broken."
Hopefully she can get that fixed or else it's going to be a long summer.




Kayla! I can't believe she said that to her. Talk about dreams shattered...
ReplyDeleteSummer?! Ya'll use a different calendar in Minnysooooooota?
ReplyDelete