Avery and Tucker asked for a snack. I said sure, but quickly changed my mind when I saw the horrific mess they made in the dining room with play-doh.
"Wipe the table and chairs and sweep the floor." I instructed.
Avery rolled up her pant legs all the way up to her thighs, I suppose so she wouldn't get dirty cleaning up the horrid mess.
Tucker grabbed the broom and moved his hands down the handle as the broom rose higher, and higher, touching the ceiling. He grinned at me as it hit the ceiling fan, then his expression changed completely as he realized the broom was falling backwards behind him. He winced as it hit the floor and then he tumbled backwards, down to the floor with the broom.
He quickly recovered, standing back up and taking hold of the broom. He tried it again.
Avery scolded him. "Tucker, quit horsing around. Give me the broom."
He shook his head and gave me a side grin. She was less than impressed.
"Tucker! Give me that broom and stop horsing around! If you don't listen to me, you're going to your room."
He covered his mouth with his hand and giggled. He was enjoying this.
"TUCKER!" Avery shrieked. "You make me SO MAD!"
She burst into tears.
I was enjoying this little side show but reluctantly intervened. The bossy older sister and the little brother who enjoys raining on her picnic.
It's cute now while they're 5 and 3, but ask me again when they're teenagers.
"Wipe the table and chairs and sweep the floor." I instructed.
Avery rolled up her pant legs all the way up to her thighs, I suppose so she wouldn't get dirty cleaning up the horrid mess.
Tucker grabbed the broom and moved his hands down the handle as the broom rose higher, and higher, touching the ceiling. He grinned at me as it hit the ceiling fan, then his expression changed completely as he realized the broom was falling backwards behind him. He winced as it hit the floor and then he tumbled backwards, down to the floor with the broom.
He quickly recovered, standing back up and taking hold of the broom. He tried it again.
Avery scolded him. "Tucker, quit horsing around. Give me the broom."
He shook his head and gave me a side grin. She was less than impressed.
"Tucker! Give me that broom and stop horsing around! If you don't listen to me, you're going to your room."
He covered his mouth with his hand and giggled. He was enjoying this.
"TUCKER!" Avery shrieked. "You make me SO MAD!"
She burst into tears.
I was enjoying this little side show but reluctantly intervened. The bossy older sister and the little brother who enjoys raining on her picnic.
It's cute now while they're 5 and 3, but ask me again when they're teenagers.
Comments
Post a Comment