It's been a busy couple of weeks for this family, with both Chet and I doing 40 hours a week at work and the kids being shuffled to the sitter almost daily and Chet doing testing for a few police jobs he's applied for and orthodontist appointments for Chet and well child visits for the kids and the list goes on.
Needless to say, the bare minimum gets done around here. If each kid has two clean outfits, no further laundry gets done. The bathroom hasn't been cleaned in who knows how long. The upstairs remodel project? Ha! The kids were last bathed sometime last month (kidding!) and Chet and I don't see each other, except when we're sleeping, which even then, our eyes are usually closed when we sleep so, yeah, we don't see each other. The cupboards are bare and I won't even mention the stain on the carpeting.
Today as I was dishing out the kids their lunch, I was distracted, wondering how we would be able to squeeze in a family vacation this summer between Chet's Boundary Waters trip, Tucker's tonsillectomy, Summer Services, Chet's volunteer schedule and his uncertain job future. I handed Avery a sippy cup and Piper a full cup of milk. I even watched Piper try to take a drink from the big cup and watched most of it spill down her shirt, onto the chair and onto the floor before it registered that I had mixed their cups up.
Avery thought this was hysterical.
"You're such a junky mom!" she laughed.
I wasn't sure whether to laugh or give her a hairpull. Yes, I guess I am junky for mixing up their cups (oh, the shame!) but I'm not sure I want that phrase in her vocabulary.
"What do you mean, I'm a junky mom?" I asked. "What does junky mean?"
"Junky means it doesn't work. And you gave Piper the wrong cup so that means your mom brain isn't working so it's junky." she explained.
Well, that's valid. I'll take that. My mom brain isn't working well. So I guess I could be considered a junky mom.
Needless to say, the bare minimum gets done around here. If each kid has two clean outfits, no further laundry gets done. The bathroom hasn't been cleaned in who knows how long. The upstairs remodel project? Ha! The kids were last bathed sometime last month (kidding!) and Chet and I don't see each other, except when we're sleeping, which even then, our eyes are usually closed when we sleep so, yeah, we don't see each other. The cupboards are bare and I won't even mention the stain on the carpeting.
Today as I was dishing out the kids their lunch, I was distracted, wondering how we would be able to squeeze in a family vacation this summer between Chet's Boundary Waters trip, Tucker's tonsillectomy, Summer Services, Chet's volunteer schedule and his uncertain job future. I handed Avery a sippy cup and Piper a full cup of milk. I even watched Piper try to take a drink from the big cup and watched most of it spill down her shirt, onto the chair and onto the floor before it registered that I had mixed their cups up.
Avery thought this was hysterical.
"You're such a junky mom!" she laughed.
I wasn't sure whether to laugh or give her a hairpull. Yes, I guess I am junky for mixing up their cups (oh, the shame!) but I'm not sure I want that phrase in her vocabulary.
"What do you mean, I'm a junky mom?" I asked. "What does junky mean?"
"Junky means it doesn't work. And you gave Piper the wrong cup so that means your mom brain isn't working so it's junky." she explained.
Well, that's valid. I'll take that. My mom brain isn't working well. So I guess I could be considered a junky mom.
Comments
Post a Comment