As I cleaned up the breakfast mess the other day, I overheard Tucker talking to Milo.
"Oh, Mi-mi-mi-mi-sweetsie-pie, oh you just so cute, yes you are!" he cooed.
Milo giggled in return.
"Oh, Milo, oh, Milo." he continued. "Want to play with my trains?"
They played for quite some time, I think until Milo couldn't hold his head up any longer and smashed his forehead into Thomas' funnel and started bawling.
Chet and I watched Tucker at the carnival last weekend hop onto a ride and zip around on the ride with no care in the world.
"Where did he come from?" Chet wondered.
Tucker has always been a mama's boy, somewhat timid and oh-so-sweet. He spent a lot of time on the couch or playing quietly by himself. He was behind on his speech, growth charts and social interactions.
It seems that since his surgery, he has come out of his shell, talking more, making friends and gaining some confidence. He eats like food is going out of style and he's almost fully potty trained. He shares with me his thoughts and his plans for the future, like he'll have bigger muscles than Daddy and he wants to drive trains. He went from baby to big boy in a few short weeks.
I keep grabbing him and hugging him and kissing him as much as I can because in a few short years, he won't let me do that anymore. And before I know it, I'll be sitting in my rocking chair on my front porch, crocheting a pair of booties for his grandchild while he mows my lawn.
Comments
Post a Comment