I sat, lounging, on my new reclining couch this morning, laptop in lap and can of Diet Coke in my hand. I whined and moaned and fussed to Avery about how I didn't want to get up and exercise this morning because I just didn't feel like it.
She stopped typing on her English-Spanish toy computer and looked at me.
"If you don't exercise, you'll..." she said and then stopped. She looked me up and down.
"How many lubs are you?" she asked.
"Over 100." I said.
She laughed. And laughed. And laughed.
"That's too many!" she said, giggling.
Well, I better get moving then, as I have a lot of lbs to lose to get under 100.
Speaking of Diet Coke. Well, no one mentioned Diet Coke except for me a few paragraphs ago, but now that I brought it up, I started drinking Diet Coke again.
Long story.
I became hooked on Diet Pepsi as an immortal teenager, not thinking ahead to my future or to the fact that I could one day become addicted and that it could become a problem. Teenagers don't think like that.
So anyways, I became addicted. I needed the caffeine fix or I would have a horrendous headache.
Sometimes I would switch over to Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke with Lime. And then I discovered Diet Coke. Yum-diddly-licious.
A few years later, I discovered that I was indeed, addicted. Diet Coke was my coffee. But as I got older, I started to wonder what all that carbonation was doing to my teeth.
Then, I discovered (I do a lot of discovering) Crystal Light Peach Mango flavored Green Tea. Double Yum-diddly-licious. Half the caffeine, zero carbonation and the alleged benefits of green tea.
That was my coffee for about five months.
But I was getting terrible headaches. Not the caffeine headaches, but migraine headaches. After suffering for quite some time, I went into the doctor's office.
Hyperthyroid. And I haven't even been taking my Synthroid for a few weeks. So why was I so hyper?
"Doing anything differently?" the doc asked.
"Drinking green tea?" I half asked, half said.
"Well, then stop." she ordered.
Fine.
So the next morning, I turned to a tried and true friend, Diet Coke.
I'll quit next year. Maybe. Probably.
I go get my thyroid checked again in six weeks. Curious to see where it's at.
She stopped typing on her English-Spanish toy computer and looked at me.
"If you don't exercise, you'll..." she said and then stopped. She looked me up and down.
"How many lubs are you?" she asked.
"Over 100." I said.
She laughed. And laughed. And laughed.
"That's too many!" she said, giggling.
Well, I better get moving then, as I have a lot of lbs to lose to get under 100.
Speaking of Diet Coke. Well, no one mentioned Diet Coke except for me a few paragraphs ago, but now that I brought it up, I started drinking Diet Coke again.
Long story.
I became hooked on Diet Pepsi as an immortal teenager, not thinking ahead to my future or to the fact that I could one day become addicted and that it could become a problem. Teenagers don't think like that.
So anyways, I became addicted. I needed the caffeine fix or I would have a horrendous headache.
Sometimes I would switch over to Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke with Lime. And then I discovered Diet Coke. Yum-diddly-licious.
A few years later, I discovered that I was indeed, addicted. Diet Coke was my coffee. But as I got older, I started to wonder what all that carbonation was doing to my teeth.
Then, I discovered (I do a lot of discovering) Crystal Light Peach Mango flavored Green Tea. Double Yum-diddly-licious. Half the caffeine, zero carbonation and the alleged benefits of green tea.
That was my coffee for about five months.
But I was getting terrible headaches. Not the caffeine headaches, but migraine headaches. After suffering for quite some time, I went into the doctor's office.
Hyperthyroid. And I haven't even been taking my Synthroid for a few weeks. So why was I so hyper?
"Doing anything differently?" the doc asked.
"Drinking green tea?" I half asked, half said.
"Well, then stop." she ordered.
Fine.
So the next morning, I turned to a tried and true friend, Diet Coke.
I'll quit next year. Maybe. Probably.
I go get my thyroid checked again in six weeks. Curious to see where it's at.
Comments
Post a Comment