I opened up the laptop to start typing but I'm having a hard time concentrating. Out of the corner of my eye, Milo sits in his Bumbo, plays with his feet, drools on his bib and smiles at me. Every time I look away, he wiggles and giggles and I can't help but stop and look at him again. He has started sleeping through the night again, only getting up to eat at 5am. What a difference 7 hours of sleep makes in this mama's life.
Piper is distracting me, too. She keeps opening up the door to go outside, pops her head out, pops it back in and announces, "It weening outside! Mom! It weening outside!" It's not.
Avery Ann Cheeseburger and Tucker Chet Chicken Nugget (they named themselves) are looking outside at the carnival that's being set up across the street. It's like torture for these kids. Every year, the carnival comes to town at this time and goes all afternoon and evening. My kids stand in the yard, staring at the flashing lights and hearing the shrieks and laughter of the lucky kids as the rides go round and round, up and down. And then they look at their tiny back yard, complete with 1 (one) sandbox and 1 (one) tiny trampoline and they stuff their hands in their pockets, hang their heads and kick their sand shovel and come back in the house and whine to their mother about how bored they are.
I can't wait to move.
A few days ago, I got to work in the shower, removing old caulk so it could dry out and Chet could re-caulk when he got home. Of course, with any home project, a 10 minute task turned into an 8 hour job. As I pulled off the old caulk, the entire shower wall started coming off with it, crumbling to the floor. Oops.
Chet came home with a new shower wall and a new shower head and got to work. It's still not quite put together but I'm already loving the new results.
I wonder what else I can break around here?
Piper is distracting me, too. She keeps opening up the door to go outside, pops her head out, pops it back in and announces, "It weening outside! Mom! It weening outside!" It's not.
Avery Ann Cheeseburger and Tucker Chet Chicken Nugget (they named themselves) are looking outside at the carnival that's being set up across the street. It's like torture for these kids. Every year, the carnival comes to town at this time and goes all afternoon and evening. My kids stand in the yard, staring at the flashing lights and hearing the shrieks and laughter of the lucky kids as the rides go round and round, up and down. And then they look at their tiny back yard, complete with 1 (one) sandbox and 1 (one) tiny trampoline and they stuff their hands in their pockets, hang their heads and kick their sand shovel and come back in the house and whine to their mother about how bored they are.
I can't wait to move.
A few days ago, I got to work in the shower, removing old caulk so it could dry out and Chet could re-caulk when he got home. Of course, with any home project, a 10 minute task turned into an 8 hour job. As I pulled off the old caulk, the entire shower wall started coming off with it, crumbling to the floor. Oops.
Chet came home with a new shower wall and a new shower head and got to work. It's still not quite put together but I'm already loving the new results.
I wonder what else I can break around here?
Comments
Post a Comment