Our little princess petunia Piper Kay turns two next week. T.W.O.
When Avery turned two, her birthday party was planned weeks in advance, the cake figured out, presents bought and the big day circled on the calendar. Being first time parents and Avery being our only child at the time, we went overboard. Or at least I did. Chet probably didn't do anything but stand by and shake his head.
Now poor Piper, just like Tucker, will probably get a box cake, a present picked out last minute on the clearance rack and a chorus of Happy Birthday from her lone siblings and parents. No friends or aunts or uncles or grandmas or grandpas or balloons or party favors or streamers or clowns. But you know what? Who cares. Who remembers their 2nd birthday anyway? She won't know the diff. I just hope she doesn't eat the candle, like Tucker did at his second birthday.
But I can't believe she'll be two. My pretty little June baby who wore a diaper and a onesie during that sweltering summer is now walking, talking, saying things like, "No way!" and "Oh, man!" I keep looking at her today, with her blond, blond hair and her blue, blue eyes and marveling at how pretty she is. My pretty, pretty little Piper.
And goofy.
And naughty. She just whacked Tucker on the head with a train.
When Avery turned two, her birthday party was planned weeks in advance, the cake figured out, presents bought and the big day circled on the calendar. Being first time parents and Avery being our only child at the time, we went overboard. Or at least I did. Chet probably didn't do anything but stand by and shake his head.
Now poor Piper, just like Tucker, will probably get a box cake, a present picked out last minute on the clearance rack and a chorus of Happy Birthday from her lone siblings and parents. No friends or aunts or uncles or grandmas or grandpas or balloons or party favors or streamers or clowns. But you know what? Who cares. Who remembers their 2nd birthday anyway? She won't know the diff. I just hope she doesn't eat the candle, like Tucker did at his second birthday.
But I can't believe she'll be two. My pretty little June baby who wore a diaper and a onesie during that sweltering summer is now walking, talking, saying things like, "No way!" and "Oh, man!" I keep looking at her today, with her blond, blond hair and her blue, blue eyes and marveling at how pretty she is. My pretty, pretty little Piper.
And goofy.
And naughty. She just whacked Tucker on the head with a train.
Comments
Post a Comment