I feel like I'm running the mile in gym class and I'm on the very last lap but I just can't quite get to the finish line. I've been working full-time now, supporting the family for almost two years. Once Chet lands a job, I can be done. Or at least cut waaaaay back. None of this 40 hour a week stuff.
They key words are once Chet lands a job. I know, I know, I need some patience. He graduated in March and passed his boards in April. And it's June. But with each job he applies for, comes a lot of testing, a lot of waiting, a lot more testing, a lot more waiting and finally a rejection letter. It's no surprise when they come; hundreds apply for one position.
It's almost a full-time job in itself, applying for jobs.
Next week comes another interview. And then probably a lot more waiting. And probably some more testing. And some more waiting. And another letter that says, "Thank you for applying, but we regret to inform you that you didn't place in the top 5 of 2,000 applicants. Only five people did and you were not one of them. And you smell, terribly. The HR lady was hospitalized following your interview. Try again next time."
We are very blessed in that I am able to work and support us. Not everyone has that advantage. I need to remind myself of that often.
But some times, I mean, all the time, I just want to be home with my babies.
The future is so uncertain and I feel like this last lap is taking too long. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
In other news, my beloved Picnik shut down and I'm trying to upload a new header picture for my blog. For whatever reason, I resize the picture in Google+, which was supposed to take the place of Picnik and it's blurry. Picnik never did that to me. It resized the picture and made it clear. Google+ isn't listening to me. I need some help.
They key words are once Chet lands a job. I know, I know, I need some patience. He graduated in March and passed his boards in April. And it's June. But with each job he applies for, comes a lot of testing, a lot of waiting, a lot more testing, a lot more waiting and finally a rejection letter. It's no surprise when they come; hundreds apply for one position.
It's almost a full-time job in itself, applying for jobs.
Next week comes another interview. And then probably a lot more waiting. And probably some more testing. And some more waiting. And another letter that says, "Thank you for applying, but we regret to inform you that you didn't place in the top 5 of 2,000 applicants. Only five people did and you were not one of them. And you smell, terribly. The HR lady was hospitalized following your interview. Try again next time."
We are very blessed in that I am able to work and support us. Not everyone has that advantage. I need to remind myself of that often.
But some times, I mean, all the time, I just want to be home with my babies.
The future is so uncertain and I feel like this last lap is taking too long. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
In other news, my beloved Picnik shut down and I'm trying to upload a new header picture for my blog. For whatever reason, I resize the picture in Google+, which was supposed to take the place of Picnik and it's blurry. Picnik never did that to me. It resized the picture and made it clear. Google+ isn't listening to me. I need some help.
Comments
Post a Comment