I'm enjoying my last two weeks of being an "at home mom", as Avery puts it before I go back to work full-time. That is, if I get clearance from the doctor.
Getting everyone dressed and out the door in the morning to their respective places is a feat in itself as not everyone likes to listen to me. I know I'm not some style guru but I at least know the basic rules of fashion.
My conversations in the morning go somewhat like this.
"No, Avery, you can't wear shin high socks with those capri leggings."
"But if I don't wear socks and shoes I can't play on the playground!" she protests.
"You can't wear that navy blue shirt and those black pants together, Chet."
"Oh, no." he says, clutching his chest. "Will I become sick?"
"Tucker, that shirt has a huge old stain on the front. Put it on the counter so I can take it out."
"But it's clean!" he says, about to burst into tears, as if that was the only shirt he owned.
"Piper, your shirt and pants are both on backwards and for the three thousandth time, your underwear goes over your pull-up, not under it. Kind of defeats the purpose."
"I like ladybugs." she says, completely oblivious to what I just told her.
If only they were all like Milo, who just plops down and lets me dress him.
Avery came home from school with one of the Harry Potter Book yesterday. She plopped down on the chair and began reading while I prepared supper. About a half hour had passed and I noticed she was halfway through the book. Hmmm. About twenty minutes later, she was at the end, reading the last few pages.
"You are already done reading that?" I asked.
"Well, I just like to read the end because then I know what happened. Snape killed Dumbledore." she said.
She then pointed to the illustration on the front of the book. Two of the characters (I don't know Harry Potter so don't tease) were stirring up something in some big cauldron.
"Whoever drew this doesn't even know." she said. "This never happened in the book."
"You didn't even read the whole book so how would you even know?!" I said.
"Oh." she said.
Getting everyone dressed and out the door in the morning to their respective places is a feat in itself as not everyone likes to listen to me. I know I'm not some style guru but I at least know the basic rules of fashion.
My conversations in the morning go somewhat like this.
"No, Avery, you can't wear shin high socks with those capri leggings."
"But if I don't wear socks and shoes I can't play on the playground!" she protests.
"You can't wear that navy blue shirt and those black pants together, Chet."
"Oh, no." he says, clutching his chest. "Will I become sick?"
"Tucker, that shirt has a huge old stain on the front. Put it on the counter so I can take it out."
"But it's clean!" he says, about to burst into tears, as if that was the only shirt he owned.
"Piper, your shirt and pants are both on backwards and for the three thousandth time, your underwear goes over your pull-up, not under it. Kind of defeats the purpose."
"I like ladybugs." she says, completely oblivious to what I just told her.
If only they were all like Milo, who just plops down and lets me dress him.
Avery came home from school with one of the Harry Potter Book yesterday. She plopped down on the chair and began reading while I prepared supper. About a half hour had passed and I noticed she was halfway through the book. Hmmm. About twenty minutes later, she was at the end, reading the last few pages.
"You are already done reading that?" I asked.
"Well, I just like to read the end because then I know what happened. Snape killed Dumbledore." she said.
She then pointed to the illustration on the front of the book. Two of the characters (I don't know Harry Potter so don't tease) were stirring up something in some big cauldron.
"Whoever drew this doesn't even know." she said. "This never happened in the book."
"You didn't even read the whole book so how would you even know?!" I said.
"Oh." she said.
Comments
Post a Comment